GPS Mapping Chip for Lake Erie- Western Basis area GPS Mapping Chip for Lake Erie- Western Basis area GPS Mapping Chip for Lake Erie- Western Basis area GPS Mapping Chip for Lake Erie- Western Basis area
    Krayfish Guest

Default GPS Mapping Chip for Lake Erie- Western Basis area

Looking to buy a GPS lake mapping chip for a Lowrance GlobalMap 3500- can anyone provide insight? I have, so far, the Navionics and the NauticPath as options but do not know if one is better than those two or which of those two is better? Thanks

Krayfish Guest

Wow, 182 views and no responses- I bought the Nauticpath and will just see how it is.

Meyer Guest

Default GPS Mapping for Western Basin

I have the Lowrance and am using the Navionics going on 3rd year now and it is great. A few false reefs show near West Sister but in general the depths are fairly close and the reefs show up. The cans are marked also. Overall, I think it was around $95 and definitely worth the price especially when looking to fish particular depths.

Blog Entries

Default Navionics

I have the global map 5000. Have never ran the nautic but the navionics is a top notch chip dont think i would ever change. hope this is helpful

Krayfish Guest

Thanks for the replies- hope I did not make a mistake! A guy at Cabela's recommended the Nauticpath and one of our party used it last year and thought it was great-so hard to go against it without positives for Navionics. I also heard some concerning things about the Navionics for the east basin and thus, all things together, pulled the trigger on the Nauticpath. I also figured since shipping charts are the basis for it that it should be pretty accurate. We will see.