Harness and spoon harness Harness and spoon harness Harness and spoon harness Harness and spoon harness
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Harness and spoon harness

This day has not been a good day, went to take a measurement for new boat carpet for my boat and discovered that a crook had stolen my complete outdrive (upper and lower) off of my boat!!

Any way here are a couple of pics of the main rigs that I use, I do vary the colors of the blades and spoons but was asked by another member about my rigs in general so here are some pics of a couple of used rigs that I had close by to get a photograph. My harness's are tied on a 60 inch snells and the spoon harness is fished with a 60 inch leader both are fished behind a Jet 40 and both are fished with night crawlers. The spoon harness that I tie now are tied directly to the split ring on the spoon allowing the first hook of the harness to be much closer to the spoon than the one in the pic.

Post Thanks / Like

hey those look good. i,ve been getting all my spoon harnesses at gale force tackle. i also started getting all my harnesses from him. do you tie all your own stuff or do you buy them some place. if you buy them you might want to check out galeforcetackle.com. he has some great colors. and he dont have a problem custom tying what you want. he ties single blades with different length leaders. i got him to tie me up all double bladed harnesses with a 6 in leader. i,m kinda stuck on the double blades. and with the short leaders they are very easy to store. then i just use whatever length leader i want. he also has some nice spoons. everything is priced pretty good. check him out.
    ....sherman....

Post Thanks / Like

I tie all of my own. I buy the hot spoon colors that are working at the time and tie a short harness and attach to the spoon I don't run any beads with my spoon harness and try to keep my top hook close to the spoon. The reason is that I was getting alot of pullbacks but only about a 50% hook up rate. After examining the spoon there were tooth marks on the spoon making me think shorter harness may be better. After the shorter harness was attached the hook up rate went up to 90% or higher a significant difference. You have to remember that you are fishing two different approaches at the same time with the same lure (spoon and worm harness). The total cost for one spoon harness is around $4.50 per copy. Another significant difference.

I forgot to add that I don't start to use spoon harness's until at least the middle of June as regular harness's out produce them until the water warms up some been there and done that.
    Last edited by wakina; 04-10-2011 at 03:36 PM.