mono coler mono coler mono coler mono coler

Thread: mono coler

Default mono coler

looking to load up my reels with some sensation 14lb,
    they have three different colors. Would it be ok to get the orange color for pulling cranks behind boards??? Or should i just get clear thanks

Default Color

I don't use mono but use braid instead, I run yellow,red and green bought in those colors only because of sale prices and not any color preference. I cannot tell a difference in the colors in relation to the amount of
    pullbacks/bites.

I also don't run crank baits very often, only in the early spring but if I did run them more often I would run 10lb mono, only because most of the trolling books refer to 10lb mono in reference to the different dive curves for the different crank baits. Please don't take offence about the lb test as 14lb test is also a good choice but does change the advertised dive curves of the lures, it is just easier for me if someone else figures out that dive curve like the trolling books and lure manufactures who base their dive curves on 10lb. mono. I would also run a color (yellow/orange/red) that would be easier for these old eyes to see. I can't see where there would be much difference in color preference using colored mono vs colored braid as long as you are using a clear leader.

If you are not using a clear leader I think I would go with clear mono. I only suggested the leader as it saves wear and tear on your main line and is cheaper than replacing that main line as you cut and retie and throw away due to the nomal nicks/cuts.
    Last edited by wakina; 03-08-2011 at 12:23 PM.

for the trolling bible as long as the diameter of the mono is .014 you get the same dive curve, 10lb xt is .014 14lb sensation is .014

Quote Originally Posted by LmitingOut View Post
    for the trolling bible as long as the diameter of the mono is .014 you get the same dive curve, 10lb xt is .014 14lb sensation is .014
    You should be good to go! Wasn't aware of that, so If I change to mono I will keep that in mind, thank you! My bible looks like it layed out in the rain for about a month, I still have it but can't read it very well. LOL