new to lorain need a little help new to lorain need a little help new to lorain need a little help new to lorain need a little help

Default new to lorain need a little help

Im new to fishing the lorain vermillion area was docked in cleveland and all i ever realy fished was around cleveland. i have the boat docked at copper kettle now and i have only been out a couple times just getting the boat tuned in. was wondering were to find the fish. i was told by people i need to watch for rocks trolling west of the vermillion river? any help would be greatly appreaited Thanks

Default new to lorain

what are you fishing for

Default Vermilion

One of my favorite spring time hot spots for walleye. Yes, very shallow inside 12ft with some huge rocks to the west. Sherod Park to the Castle is rocky for sure. That area is also a great summer smallmouth area in the shallows. Walleye, we always started west in at least 20ft but 28-30ft late May produced well on the shelf down the Ford plant just east of Verm. The Castle is about half way to Huron are the walleye are flowing out of the Sandusky river and bay after the spawn. Never spent that much time during April off V. Best bet is to start shallow and work your way out a few feet of depth differences on every drift. Summertime off V and Lorain was mainly trolling out off the big sandbar which is 7 miles north and runs to the Canadian line and towards the east. That area holds fish mid fall until they move towards V and Huron for which fall trolling normally pulls some huge eyes heading west for the winter.
    Here is a shot from a the mid 90's from just west of V in 30ft north of the Castle during mid May, drifting worm harnesses. 24 walleye, with 17 over 27 inch with 5 Fish O's. Good luck in this great area.
    Attached Images Attached Images new to lorain need a little help-downsize-8-jpg 
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]