Ice Fishing Ice Fishing Ice Fishing Ice Fishing

Thread: Ice Fishing

Default Ice Fishing

Hello,
    I am wanting to plan my first ever ice trip up there this Winter and would greatly appreciate any tips on best times and areas to start looking. Thanks in advance for any help!!

I never try ice fishing,it sounds interesting,I think maybe a more experienced person to answer.

Default January or February

After the new year start watching this site and www.ohiogamefishing.com. When the ice comes on, you'll see the posts starting or see alot of whining ! Last year, we had no ice on erie as so to speak. Had very little on South Bass and the only way over was a plane ride, not sure the airboats even run last year. Most use 4 wheel atv's, some snowmobiles. Ice fishin erie is a hoot. Mike

well its really wonderful you have decided to make a ice trip. well I just suggest you to make ice trip in Thailand & Finland. These are most amazing & popular for ice tour.

Default Ice Trip

When or IF we get ice this year? One of the best areas is off Magee Marsh in February. Also out of Camp Perry. The early fish (January) is out of Catawba State Park. You will need transportation. i.e. snowmobile or atv. Sometimes it would be a long walk. You will need a Jet Sled to sled to haul equipment. Standard ice augers for eyes are 8" diameter. You can fish with a 6" but it gets interesting at the hole.

Thanks jigginitis & fishin2! Really hoping I get to try it this year!!