St. Clair River St. Clair River St. Clair River St. Clair River
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: St. Clair River

Post Thanks / Like

Question St. Clair River

I have a weekend trip planned for labor day. Going to be staying at the Algonac state park. Does anyone have any information on what channels they use around there or hotspots or even any boards that might give some good tips?
    I think from the launch to Lake St. Clair is about 9 miles but I am hoping I can just fish the river.

Thanks
    -RedRyder
    Red Ryder

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick bump to ask again.
    Red Ryder

Post Thanks / Like

are you planning on jigging the river? or pulling 4oz bouncers down stream with harnesses? there is a DNR ramp above and below the state park. the one above is very shallow till you get out to the drop off which is only 20 feet? typically where there are bends in the river, the current slows down and those are holding spots. you'll have to find the biters as they move up/down the drop offs. right above the park is a pretty good area that goes to almost the downstream side of the park. you should see boats fishing the best areas. they are still get fish up by the blue water bridge. the current is the strongest up there and sometimes you have to fish 60 f.o.w. use heavy 1 oz jigs w/stinger hooks or 6 to 8 oz bouncers pulling down stream. or handlining if your set up for that. do a search for lake st clair walleye assoc. web site along with michigansportsman warmwater and st clair region for daily fishing reports. hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info!!! I was beginning to think no one here has fished that area. I'm not set for hand lining but Ill try fishing the bends. Do you know if the shipping channel is a good place to troll or is the traffic to heavy?
    Red Ryder

Post Thanks / Like

some good reports of pulling bouncers/harnesses down stream from the bluewater bridge. just stay out of any freighters way and your o.k. and DON'T cross over into canadian waters as they have alot of camera's watching!