Drift sock? Drift sock? Drift sock? Drift sock?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Drift sock?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Drift sock?

Ok I'm looking to buy a drift sock, never used one before. What kind should I get? I have a 17ft boat wt is about 900 pounds. And do I need the drift sock float too? Or can I just tie the drift sock to my rails. And will one be enought? Or should I go to a wider sock? Thanks for the help Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pikerpiker View Post
    Ok I'm looking to buy a drift sock, never used one before. What kind should I get? I have a 17ft boat wt is about 900 pounds. And do I need the drift sock float too? Or can I just tie the drift sock to my rails. And will one be enought? Or should I go to a wider sock? Thanks for the help Chris
    Check out the Walleye Tackle Store on this site, here is the link.

http://www.walleyetacklestore.com/

they carry Amish Outfitters bags and they are quality bags that last. Or you can contact the owner whose name is Frank and he will help you to choose the right bag the link to their site is below.

http://www.amishoutfitters.com/descriptions.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Check out Cabela's. I just bought 2 that were on sale in the "bargain cave" for about half price. The 38" size, which I got, were $22.49 each. That is the cheapest I've seen.
    Loui

Post Thanks / Like

Default drift sock

hey chris
    hey are you wanting the sock for drifting or trolling?? i,ve never used one for drifting. but i have tried them for trolling. and this is just another guys opinion. ive used kicker motors i,ve used socks and i,ve used plates. if youre wanting the sock for trolling. if you can spare the money at all i would reccomend the easytroller trolling plate. the 2 socks i bought are out in the pole barn. and have been there since i tried a trolling plate. i really liked the plate that cabelas has but it kept shearing the shear pin. so i tried the easytroller. it worked great, but i forgot to put it up once and bent the *%&$* out of it. i did get it fixed. but they have 1 now that the lower half is spring loaded, just in case. i dont know or have anything at all to do with any of these people. but the best place i know to check 1 out or to buy one is at.
    boatersoutlet.com
    they have a great picture. and the price is 99.99. i know thats alot of money. but its the cheapest ive found them. and in the long run worth every penny.
    ....sherman....