Passport do you know?? Passport do you know?? Passport do you know?? Passport do you know??

Default Passport do you know??

Does anyone know when you go into canada on Erie on the water do you need a passport when you fish on their side along with their license??

My undertanding is... if you do not , anchor your boat, leave your boat, dock your boat, or enter a marina for bait or fuel, you do not need passport or enhanced ID
    However, I have had this discussion with others and they disagree with me. I received my information from a border patrol officer at the fishing show in Novi this spring.
    Tom

The passport is needed for re-entry to the US. Other forms of ID are still acceptable in Canada with declaration of nationality.

You are to call customs when you cross, shut your boat down to fish or step on land. This was said to me by a Canadian customs agent in canada on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by spoontang View Post
    The passport is needed for re-entry to the US. Other forms of ID are still acceptable in Canada with declaration of nationality.

You are to call customs when you cross, shut your boat down to fish or step on land. This was said to me by a Canadian customs agent in canada on the water.
    Thanks for the help just got my passport do I still have to call customs when I stop to fish now that I have passport??

Yes- Have a pen and paper ready and they will give you a number to write down. Many don't do this, but it is required. Also have a list of all pax, names, birthdates etc to speed up the call.