Help Please! Help Please! Help Please! Help Please!

Thread: Help Please!

Wardens Worry Guest

Default Help Please!

I live in Hudson, Wisconsin and am planning a trip back to Cleveland and am thinking of bringing my boat. I need help as far as which boat to bring and also what time of year is the best.

I have an 18' Lund Mr. Pike, with a 50 hp tiller and an 18' Boston Whaler Outrage, with a 150 hp on it. TheLund will tow real easy, but I'm leaning towards the Whaler, as it's a big water boat and has downriggers on it.

I would primarily be interested in perch & walleye fishing and I can come any time, but September would be the best. Is there a perch/walleye run at that time?

If any of you are coming to Wisconsin this summer, we could trade a couple trips, as I've got great great walleye, sauger, white bass, smallmouth fishing two miles from my home, in the St. Croix River.

I'm retired, 66 years old and want to fish Lake Erie. I used to fish off the Edgewater rockwall for perch and blue pike when I was a kid.

I will be staying with my brother in Cleveland area, but we can travel for the best fishing. Any help out there?

Thanks,

Art

Kind of late reply but I just saw your question. I have a 18ft alumacraft boat with a 150 hp yahama. I fish out of Marblehead late May, early June. I use a happy troller trolling plate instead of a kicker motor. I use planner boards with nightcrawler harnesses. This works very well.