Possible move to Ohio - Questions Possible move to Ohio - Questions Possible move to Ohio - Questions Possible move to Ohio - Questions

Default Possible move to Ohio - Questions

Hi Folks,

I am likely moving to Ohio in the very near future from Texas. I have lived in the mid-west in the past (Iowa and Nebraska) and know I love walleye fishing. In anticipation of my move, I have a few questions top of mind.

1) If I am fishing with an Ohio license and my son is along (12 years old) I know he doesn't need a license but I can't find anything to say if his fish count against my limit or does he get his own limit?

2) Living south of Cleveland and west of Akron how reasonable is a single day trip to Erie? Is that far enough to need to overnight?

3) If anyone want to trade going elk hunting in the fall (I have almost everything you would need and go every year) for the ability to be a newbie on their boat I am open to meeting to see if our personalities match. I have a Davis Wall tent and everything else. About all you would need is a cot, sleeping bag, hunting clothes and a rifle.

4) How is the shore fishing starting mid to late June and any pointers on where to try would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Default Re: Possible move to Ohio - Questions

1.He is not required to have a fishing license and gets his own limit of 6 walleye.
    2.One day trips are very doable from that area.
    3. Not interested in Elk hunting but would not be opposed to fishing with you, but I am farther west towards Toledo.
    4. Don't know about shore fishing as I have always been in a boat except for my first and last time of fishing the spawn in the Maumee river.
    Hooked on Fishin
    252 Sportcraft
    Yamaha 8hp Kicker

Thank you for the response. Interesting info on the license situation. I guess all three daughters AND my son will be doing some fishing with me at some points.

I will definitely send you a PM when I am up there and see if we can't connect on the offer for fishing together. Toledo looks to be only a couple hours from where I will be. Not exactly next door, but doable.

feel free to contact me for fishing info if you get down this way i have been to area 22 by meeker colorado about 25 times we put in for this years draw but dosnt look good with the winter kill

Quote Originally Posted by BILLY JOE View Post
    feel free to contact me for fishing info if you get down this way i have been to area 22 by meeker colorado about 25 times we put in for this years draw but dosnt look good with the winter kill

Thanks. I believe 22 is outside the revised season and tag limit area where the winter kill was really bad. I'm not sure why they didn't make our unit 18 tags at least bull only, they are still either ***.

Of course, based on our group's success over the last 5 years we won't be putting too much of a dent in the population anyway.