I was out on the boat a couple weekends ago without any rods to set some baits out in exchange for scanning and reconnaissance purpose. What I did find was a feature that was close to a mile long, various in width, and 3-4 feet above the lake floor. It was quite obvious it was an artificial feature. When I got back I tried to sleuth around online to see if I could figure out what it was, no luck, Navionics didn't show anything either. I talked to a gentleman who knows my area of the lake better than anyone else and it turns out it was an old road that was washed out. It made total sense too because you could see chucks of flat pavement, but it was too far gone to be easily recognizable as such. I also scanned something else in the middle of the lake I marked. I have to go back and look at it again. It's clearly an object, but I simply marked it without studying it.

I have been up to Lake superior and have scanned a few of the popular tourist shipwrecks. Thats really cool to see them in what seems to be high defintion. But now I also have an interest to see what else I might be able to find. Not only is it fun and surprising, wondering what you might see, but it also means I'll have a few more honey holes to try out.

Anyone else find anything using sidescan? So much so that it totally side tracked you? Having found that road, I'm more motivated to simply take my time and relax by just scanning the lake like this. Might even save me some time in the future as well so I'm not searching for fish as often.