Canadian fishing Canadian fishing Canadian fishing Canadian fishing

Default Canadian fishing

I know it's been a long 2 years since we have been allowed to cross borders but does anyone feel like striking up conversations on past north of the border experiences. I just moved my trip back to September 8th hoping things will open up

Default Re: Canadian fishing

My friend went to Black Lake N.Y. he is shooting for 2022, we have property in Wawa Canada going to try to get there as soon as border opens. I never cared to travel 10-15 hrs to fish when I can fish Lake Erie but hope you get to go.
    Last edited by wajski; 07-14-2021 at 08:49 AM.

As much as I enjoy my time and quality fishing on Erie, fishing on a good catch n release lake or river in northern Ontario is different level of fishing. 2 years ago I did a fly in with just my dog and averaged 75 pickerel a day. Throw in 8-10 northern a day and it's a trip to remember.

Just returned from White Lake, Ontario just north west of Wawa.The is a lake I have fished for over 30 years. Crossing the Soo bridge was weird as we were the only vehicle on the bridge. There was a car in the Border crossing but passed quickly, we got thru in a couple minutes.
    The fishing was great as always, the weather was a challenge. Cold (41-63 degree)and rainy 8 of 10 days. The lake was eerie, never saw a boat for the first 3 days. The camp was almost dead, we were almost the only ones there, we were the only Americans.
    Really rough on the folks that depend on the US dollars to run their businesses. Didn't hardly see a bear or moose hunter. Many businesses were closed or had restricted hours. We love to stop at Youngs in Wawa to get summer sausage but they were closed(opened only on the weekend).
    The Canadians are very upset with the USA, as we have not opened our borders to them to come south. Many have places south of the border for winter. May not be able to see for another year?
    SO glad I went

Let the Canadians be upset as they have been perpetually upset with everything the USA has did for the last 50 years if it did NOT benefit Canada. LMAO....

I did make my trip via Cochrane Air. Fished Sept 8-17 and it was also cold and rained 7 of the 9 days. Still managed 311 pickerel and 38 pike. I crossed the border on labor day at 845 am and the was only 1 other vehicle crossing at that time. Easiest border crossing ever. When I returned I went west to Wawa then down thru Soo. First time I crossed there. No wait at all. First time thru that area. A beautiful ride. I did stop at possibly the Young's your talking about for souvenirs. A nifty little store.