Suggestions for Port Clinton Suggestions for Port Clinton Suggestions for Port Clinton Suggestions for Port Clinton
    Dead Eye Guest

Default Suggestions for Port Clinton

Fishing out of Port Clinton on April 17th-18th. Have fished many times during May, June, July with the harnesses but have never jig fished. What types of jigs can I expect to use? Jig color and size? Hair or plain? Baits to tip the jigs with? Techniques? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

The purple hair (maribu) jigs are preferred tipped with emerald shiners just heavy enough to keep you slow drifting on the bottom. Stay in contact with the bottom and wait for that little bump. I'm sure others will post other efefctive methods too. Good luck

Stinger hooks are a must.

Smile Jigs

Hair jigs do better then plain. Shiners do better the night crawlers. I and I always have a couple colors to choose from. If you have a good drift here's my technique.

Use two poles with identical weight jigs. Let out just enough line to feel bottom on each pole, and as you lift one pole-- slowly lower the other till you feel bottom. Repeat till something is different and yank. Many times you do not feel the actual bite, but as you lift--- it feels heavy---yank.

Its a producer and thats how I got jiginitis. Done it soo much my elbows go to poop in an hour-- but thats how long or less it should take to have your limit.

Good Luck and Good Fishing

ChasinWalleye Guest

What are some of the best colors to use for the 1st week in May? what weight jig 1/4 oz. or heavier?

Thanks, Chasinwalleye...........

Smile Jigs in May

May? Jigs? By then the spawn is pretty much over. Of course you can always catch an eye with ajig if they are hugging the bottom, but usually thats casting or trolling time

Dead Eye Guest

Much thanks for the info guys! Good fishing to you as well.

Blog Entries

Default Jiginitis ?

You no My elbows have been hurtin for a while . now I have the technical term { JIGINITIS } for my condition thanks, you think we should have a study of this condition done and get it listed in a medical book ?