Noob, wants to make planer board because he's a cheap a...! and i got  stuff. Noob, wants to make planer board because he's a cheap a...! and i got  stuff. Noob, wants to make planer board because he's a cheap a...! and i got  stuff. Noob, wants to make planer board because he's a cheap a...! and i got  stuff.

Default Noob, wants to make planer board because he's a cheap a...! and i got stuff.

Hey all,
    I'm a cheap skate, lets get that outta the way. So, i've finally talked my captain into fishing for walleye, except, we got no equipment for proper trolling procedures. I've looked at some Youtube videos at different ways of making planer boards. Like my title says, I got stuff... to make all different types, but I don't want to waste it on a krappy design. So, if anyone has made any and would like to share their design, I'd really appreciate it, so I can get a jump on it when the season is right.

I make my own inline planner boards, it cost about $5 a board, I have 2 sets. They are very easy to make. Mine are made out of pine with a foam cores. I designed a clip system that is easily used with one hand. The bottom weight is poured into the pine. I'll see if I can find a pic.5

Noob, wants to make planer board because he's a cheap a...! and i got  stuff.-20210308_121936-jpg
    Noob, wants to make planer board because he's a cheap a...! and i got  stuff.-20210308_121847-jpg
    Last edited by Ducker; 03-08-2021 at 02:56 PM.
    Duckwater boat owner, I fish for fun.

Are you staying with the small boards?

Although the small ones work just as well with the cranks as worn rigs, I made slightly larger ones so I can run jets with spoons. The smaller ones can do it as well, but I just wanted a little bigger boards. I even made some large boards to run coppers for salmon fishing. I mean, for 5 bucks each, why not.
    Duckwater boat owner, I fish for fun.