Help Help Help Help

Thread: Help

Default Help

Setting up my 18 lund fisherman for trolling. Has a 2006 9.9 mercury 4 stroke kicker. No electric trolling motor,batteries or charger. So to get all the electric trolling equipment its looking like a $3600 investment!! without the helix 10! Wondering if a autopilot is the way to go? I like the helix 10 for a combo unit. Right now it has an old lowance 4 inch xc 25 or something. Any ideas ??

Quote Originally Posted by rkp View Post
    Setting up my 18 lund fisherman for trolling. Has a 2006 9.9 mercury 4 stroke kicker. No electric trolling motor,batteries or charger. So to get all the electric trolling equipment its looking like a $3600 investment!! without the helix 10! Wondering if a autopilot is the way to go? I like the helix 10 for a combo unit. Right now it has an old lowance 4 inch xc 25 or something. Any ideas ??
    Has anybody been able to get a Tr1 to follow routes on a garmin echomap ultra? Looking at an garmin reactor 40 autopilot and a garmin echomap ultra 106sv, but thinking the tr1 would be 1000 cheaper for the autopilot.

I believe the TR1 is being discontinued i would not buy it as parts will get harder to find.
    Capt Sam "Porkchop" Downing
    [email protected]
    www.porkchopexpresscharters.com
    www.facebook.com/captwalleye/
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.
    OFFERING 2 TO 6 PERSON CHARTERS FOR WALLEYE AND PERCH

Yes Tr 1 gold is no more. Few new ones being sold yet. My tr1 died this last summer. Upgraded to the new reactor kicker. . Way better system. But cost more. I already had a Nema network. So install was easier. I do not believe the tr1 could follow routes. It could just go to a waypoint. Open water trolling with any amount of boat trAffic. Not going to waypoint control is best anyways. I have my autopilots set up for 10 degree turns per one push of button. Uncle norms dolphin fin on the kicker works well. Gives you better keel control using the kicker only. I really like the kicker autopilots. No messing around with electric motor. Plus trying to find somewhere to plug the battery charger in everyday. My electric motor battery’s seem to last many more years. As I am not using the trolling motor all the time. Make sure you are getting the garmin reactor kicker autopilot. Not the main motor garmin reactor. With the extra small screen. You do not need a garmin fishfinder to use the reactor kicker.
    Last edited by Snowking; 02-13-2021 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowking View Post
    Yes Tr 1 gold is no more. Few new ones being sold yet. My tr1 died this last summer. Upgraded to the new reactor kicker. . Way better system. But cost more. I already had a Nema network. So install was easier. I do not believe the tr1 could follow routes. It could just go to a waypoint. Open water trolling with any amount of boat trAffic. Not going to waypoint control is best anyways. I have my autopilots set up for 10 degree turns per one push of button. Uncle norms dolphin fin on the kicker works well. Gives you better keel control using the kicker only. I really like the kicker autopilots. No messing around with electric motor. Plus trying to find somewhere to plug the battery charger in everyday. My electric motor battery’s seem to last many more years. As I am not using the trolling motor all the time. Make sure you are getting the garmin reactor kicker autopilot. Not the main motor garmin reactor. With the extra small screen. You do not need a garmin fishfinder to use the reactor kicker.
    my thoughts also! I ordered the reactor 40 and a garmin echomap 106sv with then gt56 transducer. At this point the few times i go perchin ill manage.