Quote Originally Posted by dgf2250 View Post
If you’re going to add a kicker, I’d put an autopilot on your main motor and tie in the kicker. I did this on a 21ft Grady White (4000 lbs) and it really works well. I had previously been using TR1 and this new setup works better than anything I’d used in the past including TR1 and 36v Ulterra. I only use the trolling motor for spot lock and inland fishing now. You’d think the AP on main would not work right when you only have the kicker running, but that’s not the case. I think it works so well because both rudders are in the water. The AP I use us Raymarune Ev-150. It’s very luxurious to cruise with autopilot also. You can be 15 miles out, lock in the heading of the ramp and focus on watching for floating debris rather than have to drive the boat. 45 minutes later, you’ll be within a few hundred yards of your destination.
I haven't put a lot of thought on auto pilot. I am getting the Simrad 12" NSS Evo3s so I will have to investigate what would need to be added to install auto pilot. Certainly something to consider.