Chippewa Lake (Medina County) Chippewa Lake (Medina County) Chippewa Lake (Medina County) Chippewa Lake (Medina County)

Default Chippewa Lake (Medina County)

Dad and I decided to take a break yesterday, loaded up the boat and headed for Chippewa Lake. Its only about 10 miles from home, calm and peaceful, and just a great lake for fishing and general relaxing. We've been playing with the boat there for a couple years, and kinda half heartedly fishing, but prior to today, had caught nothing. the lake is stocked with saugeye, and known to have crappie, bluegill (and relatives) bass and catfish. After some digging and research we realized that we may not have been using appropriate bait for the saugeye, and when we tried for crappie, we were using Gulp minnows under a bobber, again, not optimal apparently.

We started using 1/8th ounce jig heads with rubber twister tails -- in this case black and black. the lake was a bit cloudy, but not terrible, and latest bacterial report had harmful levels at 0.0 which is great (Nice having a dad that was a waste water chemist for 42 years and can read the reports properly)

We fished from about 10:00am till about 3:00pm -- dad got 1 saugeye (15 inches) 1 9 inch bluegill and 6 crappie around 9 - 10 inches and nice and fat. Fishing similar tackle, I got some bites, but never landed one (I fear I may have de-lipped at least one crappie - -gotta learn to be gentle setting the hook )

The weather was perfect, traffic on the lake was light (there were some skiers but they never interfered with us at all, the boat ran beautifully it was a FABULOUS day

(I tried to add a pic, but I dont think I have enough points or whatever yet)

TIM
    Last edited by taholmes160; 07-15-2020 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Adding Picture