Air Fryer for Perch and Walleye? Air Fryer for Perch and Walleye? Air Fryer for Perch and Walleye? Air Fryer for Perch and Walleye?
    Blog Entries

Default Air Fryer for Perch and Walleye?

I searched and could not find anything on here that talks about the use of air fryers for perch and walleye. I currently fry my fish outside on my Weber gas grill side burner because of the odor and mess the oil creates. Has anyone tried using an air fryer for perch or walleye? I would love to have fish throughout the winter, and cook them inside. Just curious if they would taste as good as frying in oil before I go out and buy an air fryer.

Thanks for any feedback!

Ted - Toledo OH

Default Great Air Fried Walleye

Quote Originally Posted by Ted33 View Post
    I searched and could not find anything on here that talks about the use of air fryers for perch and walleye. I currently fry my fish outside on my Weber gas grill side burner because of the odor and mess the oil creates. Has anyone tried using an air fryer for perch or walleye? I would love to have fish throughout the winter, and cook them inside. Just curious if they would taste as good as frying in oil before I go out and buy an air fryer.

Thanks for any feedback!

Ted - Toledo OH
    I was raised on the family tradition of frying the fish we caught. Flour, egg, cracker crumbs then into the oil. My wife does not like frying so she put her considerable culinary talents to work and came up with a way to air fry walleye that I consider to be better than traditional fried, not to mention healthier. Dip fillets in egg, then into mix of soft bread crumbs and spices (she likes Old Bay), and olive oil. You mix the olive oil into the crumbs until the mix is clumpy not liquid-y. Get the fish coated with the crumb mix and put in preheated air fryer. Not all air fryers are equal, we use a Cosori, which has a fish setting. Just cook until golden brown. YUM! We had another fryer that didn’t work very well on anything. It had a wire basket that stuck to everything and was hard to clean. Try to get one that has a stamped metal cooking surface as opposed to a grill type wire surface.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSquaredR View Post
    I was raised on the family tradition of frying the fish we caught. Flour, egg, cracker crumbs then into the oil. My wife does not like frying so she put her considerable culinary talents to work and came up with a way to air fry walleye that I consider to be better than traditional fried, not to mention healthier. Dip fillets in egg, then into mix of soft bread crumbs and spices (she likes Old Bay), and olive oil. You mix the olive oil into the crumbs until the mix is clumpy not liquid-y. Get the fish coated with the crumb mix and put in preheated air fryer. Not all air fryers are equal, we use a Cosori, which has a fish setting. Just cook until golden brown. YUM! We had another fryer that didn’t work very well on anything. It had a wire basket that stuck to everything and was hard to clean. Try to get one that has a stamped metal cooking surface as opposed to a grill type wire surface.
    Thanks for the response! This was exactly what I was looking for. I was raised the same way... perch and walleye deep fried or pan fried in oil. I am so glad to hear that there is a tasty alternative to oil frying!