This past summer I was having a problem with my Super Ski dual planer boards made by Prince Mastercraft that I had purchased used, would like to have them figured out by spring so I'd appreciate any advice from others that run these boards or have a solution for my problem.
I had them out on Lake Erie, for some reason they run terrible, we only had about 2 to 3 foot waves and were only able to let out between 30 to 50 feet of line or they would tow way behind the boat and even with that amount of line out there was hardly any pull and the line would slack then tighten every time the boards would ride over a wave and that caused our releases to snap off all the time, we finally gave up and went back to the inline boards.
After looking at plans on how to build planer boards on the internet I noticed the eye bolt to fasten the tow line should be on the side of the board that is shortest at the front end but the eye bolt on my Super Ski boards are fastened to the side that is longest at front end and am wondering if they might have been put together wrong by the original owner.
I was told Super Ski boards were a top of the line brand so obviously something isn’t right.
Would appreciate hearing from others that run these boards and also anybody that may have suggestions on how to solve this problem.