Conneaut Conneaut Conneaut Conneaut

Thread: Conneaut

Default Conneaut

The fish are here but not in great numbers and not really active as the water temp is 68F. Yesterday we caught a fresh 22 inch female on a pink 1/2 ounce Pink KO Wobbler about 200 yards south of the lighthouse west of the west wall. I took a KO that wasn't working, painted it white and then added hot pink nail polish to the back, the front leading edges and topped it of with a reflective prism eye on each side. It's one of a kind and it's working. There were 8 boats working the area but only one caught a fish. We saw another caught off the west wall just south of the lighthouse. And so the fun begins....

Yesterday afternoon I lost a beautiful trout that hit a hammered blue and silver 2/5 oz Lil Cleo right at the boat up in the shipping channel right at the turnaround. Nothing to show for our efforts but that won't stop us from trying. The trill is in the hunt and I love a challenge. Without such, life becomes a bit mundane.

Question Conneaut steelhwad

By now I was hoping for some feedback on Conneaut steelhead. The fish are there and I am picking up an occasional fish, mostly by the harbor entrance, all on KO's. The last was gold and orange 1/2 oz. The channel has too much grass and debris except from the turnaround and south. Water temp is now 62, but it needs to drop some more. I'll be up again tomorrow and hope to hear from at least one of you before I launch at 7:30 am.
    I guess no one is on line since I didn't hear from anyone. Yes, we caught steelhead today and I may go back tomorrow. These silver bullets are so much fun and prepared properly make a great meal. Enough from me. Still waiting to hear from you.....
    Last edited by Dr.Ed; 10-07-2015 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Additional text

The fish are here. I had my first hookup in less than a minute on a pink and white 1/2 oz KO back 80' to 100' at 2 mph. In all today we had 5 hookups in about 2 hours, all in the shipping channel. 4 made it to the boat and 2 made it home for dinner. I plan to hit Conneaut again on Monday if the forecast holds. P.S. It's now Monday 10/26 and everything was the same except the location. The first fish was taken by the lighthouse in less than 5 minutes of set up and the rest were taken around the entrance to the harbor. Same lures, same speed, same results. I see big winds on the horizon starting tomorrow night so be careful and if you venture out, listen to the marine weather broadcast and stay close to the harbor.
    Last edited by Dr.Ed; 10-26-2015 at 04:48 PM. Reason: New info

Tomorrow is Halloween so I will be at the Conneaut lighthouse in the morning to try and scare up (pun intended) a few steelhead. Hope to see a few of you hardy souls out there. Costumes are optional.