More Hot Fishing More Hot Fishing More Hot Fishing More Hot Fishing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default More Hot Fishing

I know most of you have put your boats up for the winter and it's your loss if you really like catching fish. To me nothing compares to the thrill of the strike and the following fight between you and the fish. Today was no exception as two of my friends and I hit the entrance to Conneaut Harbor this morning and limited out before noon on beautiful rainbow trout, aka steelhead. 1/2 oz and 3/4 oz KO Wobblers 80' to 100' back at 1.8 to 2.0 mph. Today the color didn't seem to matter. Tomorrow I fire up the grill for some gourmet dining. On Thursday we will be back at the same fishing hole. With only 6 boats working the area there is plenty of room and you readers are welcome to join in on the fun. FYI: No ramp fee for the rest of the season which for me is when the ramps are frozen and I can no longer launch the Holly Lucas.
    Thursday Update: Limited out before 11:00 AM at the same location with the same presentaion. Biggest: 9.5 lb. With gale force winds coming you will have to wait until next Tuesday or Wednesday but try it. It's fun!!!
    Last edited by Dr.Ed; 11-17-2016 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Update info

Unfortunately, our boat has to come out early in November so that the marina [Don Parsons Inc, Vermilion] can pull the docks.
    But we are always the last boat out and first boat back in when Spring appears.

Sad time of the year, getting used to staying home again at weekends, but the break renews the enthusiasm for next year.

Thanks for keeping up the reporting here
    Roy Page
    Morning Mist II - Pursuit 3000 Express
    Call Roy Page on Channel 79
    Vermilion Ohio
    YouTube Walleye Fishing Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EdlWtjSet3fYh9

If you have no ice in the early spring how soon do you launch? I assume you have to wait for the docks. Do you start your walleye fishing out of Vermilion or are you farther west. I start at Catawba as soon as the ramp is open. I have caught fish in Feb but that was rare. Fogging my 150 E-tec is a simple 2 minute procedure and it can be reversed with the turn of a key. In the meantime with the water temp at 53 and the Conneaut harbor area teaming with dynamic trout, my boat sits on a trailer a couple of miles from the ramp and we can go at a moments notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Ed View Post
    If you have no ice in the early spring how soon do you launch? I assume you have to wait for the docks. Do you start your walleye fishing out of Vermilion or are you farther west. I start at Catawba as soon as the ramp is open. I have caught fish in Feb but that was rare. Fogging my 150 E-tec is a simple 2 minute procedure and it can be reversed with the turn of a key. In the meantime with the water temp at 53 and the Conneaut harbor area teaming with dynamic trout, my boat sits on a trailer a couple of miles from the ramp and we can go at a moments notice.
    We only fish out of Vermilion and have to wait till the docks go in, but the marina usually splashes our boat on the same day the docks get splashed.
    That is around early April each year and the way most yards work.
    Our boat doubles as the fishing machine and weekend cottage
    Roy Page
    Morning Mist II - Pursuit 3000 Express
    Call Roy Page on Channel 79
    Vermilion Ohio
    YouTube Walleye Fishing Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EdlWtjSet3fYh9

Dr Ed,
    ARE YOU STILL GETTING OUT ? I will be giving it a try Thanksgiving day and Friday after ( FAMILY gets together on Sat. ) and hope to find some walleyes out of Huron. I have not made it out since the 12th of Nov. darn wind anyway. We were fishing the 41 line in 43 to 47 fow . I hope those fish are in a little closer now..
    Has anyone been out or heard if there are fish in closer ?? I run P-10 and a few THUNDER STICK JR's as the water cools off. Can anyone update me? this is late in the season for me but ice looks to be a ways off yet so the boat is still in the water.

THANKS
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

Steelydann

I have heard nothing from the western basin in a long time. Check the western basin web site and call the bait shops like Rickard's for any news. I can tell you the steelhead are still at Conneaut light house as of yesterday (27+ in.) and will be there until and after ice.

We found nice eyes on the 17th about 5 to 5.5 miles right out the mouth of huron. Hope to hit it again this weekend

Sounds encouraging. What worked for you? Time/ speed/color/lures/depth. Where do you launch? Sorry I can't join you this weekend but as you know or should know, I am a big Buckeye fan and will be joining 105,000 of my closest fans in Columbus at the Shoe. I will be covered in scarlet and gray so look for me as I wave to you on ABC TV. Go Bucks!!!

We fished 8 to 2, launched from state park, we trolled both with and into and caught fish both directions. With speeds 1.9 to 2.1, into speeds 1.6 to 1.9. We pulled bandits. Ib frozen, bozeman, bick or beat, purple mist all worked.

Had a few white bass and shorts ho back, lost 2 on the way in. Fished ranged from 28 to 16. Seemed like every pass picked up at least 2

We fished out of Huron just outside the DGrounds and to the north . Fish were on and off 37-42 fow 1.8 to 2.2 SOG BANDITS ANGRY PERCH, IB FROOZEN,I.B.S., AND ANTI-FREEZE PERCH. SURE HOPE THE WATER CLEARS UP so we can fish closer this weekend... that was Thursday and Friday.. Sunday fished in Breast bay in a lot of mud colored water nothing--- when to the cans offRiver Rasin to fine cleaner water . boxed 5 on 1st pass with the wind all the way across the bay. 2nd pass nothing was bumpy so called it. Back to Huron Friday Dec 2th for the final weekend.. anyone out of Huron today or this week a report on the water would be great...

THANKS
    Steelydann
    Full boxes to all!!!