Pounded the perch today Pounded the perch today Pounded the perch today Pounded the perch today

Default Pounded the perch today

We had our 3 man limit in 2 hours this morning.Threw back 5 fish for every one we put in the box.Didn't keep anything under 9 inches.The second the bait hit the bottom you had a fish on.200 yards east of the green can off Lucys Point

Headed down Saturday with the wife, thanks for report

Ended up there myself today....you're telling the truth! That was fun.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Where is Lucy Point?

NE corner of Middle Bass

Quote Originally Posted by fishNtails View Post
    Where is Lucy Point?
    The green can off the NE corner of Middle Bass island.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

A thought just to throw out there about Lucy's would be don't run between the island and the can. It gets very shallow. That point is well known for eating lower units, outdrives, and hulls. Just a heads up to those who are not familiar with it or don't have updated electronics.

I was told many years ago to stay well clear of the area between Middle and North Bass.After a decade of heavy fishing I'm proud to say the only near disaster I've had was when I was casting/drifting in Gull Island Shoal.Drifted onto the shoal but managed to get off with no damage to boat or lower unit.

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

It's a long shoal that runs out to the green lighted buoy, mostly flat bedrock with an occasional bolder or larger rock. The buoy is placed in the deeper water out at the end, it marks the end. It's a gradual deepening shoal, so you don't want to get anywhere near the exposed west end. Half way out to the buoy it is still only about 6-8 feet deep at the shallowest. Small boats cross over it about half way to the buoy. What most boaters don't know is there is a ship boiler sitting on it from a wreck, about half way out, that is only about 4-6 feet under the surface, depending on the current lake water level. I've seen it while scuba diving. Larger boats with deeper draws will hit it, even smaller boats in waves or low water conditions. I saw parts of boats and yes, one outdrive (too old and damaged to salvage), on the shoal. Best advice is not to cross it much closer in than a hundred yards or so from the buoy if you have a smaller boat, but I'd play it safe and go around the buoy. That's why it's there. If you cross closer in you take the chance of hitting that boiler or anything else that may be hung up on the shoal.

We need to hook up and go diving.I've done a lot of cold water diving but never in Erie
    Last year we had a charter scheduled with Osprey Charters but it got blown out.I have a 29 ft. boat that I dive off of and am always looking for new dive buddies