SBH Update SBH Update SBH Update SBH Update
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SBH Update

Quote Originally Posted by copo427ss View Post
    They just need to can this jackass and send him packing back to Tennessee! The state owns the harbor and land. He's just leasing! I still don't understand how this guy is allowed to come in and mess everything up when nfta ran the harbor just fine. This moron shouldve just followed suit
    Contact information

http://www.nysenate.gov/senator/timothy-kennedy/contact

http://www.nysenate.gov/senator/marc-panepinto/contact

http://assembly.state.ny.us/mem/Sean-Ryan/contact/

http://www2.erie.gov/grant/

http://higgins.house.gov/contact
    Last edited by Anchor Wheel; 06-23-2015 at 06:24 AM.

Maybe we should all send letters & e-mails to our reps. The STWA. would start up a form letter & all the members would copy it & send it out. That's how we got rid of the gill nets years ago. Maybe that would help to straighten this new guy out. I already called Higgins, Hoyt, & Kennedy & voiced my opinion about the $5 parking fee & the mess at the SBH launches. I mentioned that the old system worked well & how the new guy was/is screwing everything up. I was at the sbh the other day & saw the signs in lot B said now you can park cars & trailers in it. What's up, they are playing head games with us!

Quote Originally Posted by lineman49 View Post
    Maybe we should all send letters & e-mails to our reps. The STWA. would start up a form letter & all the members would copy it & send it out. That's how we got rid of the gill nets years ago. Maybe that would help to straighten this new guy out. I already called Higgins, Hoyt, & Kennedy & voiced my opinion about the $5 parking fee & the mess at the SBH launches. I mentioned that the old system worked well & how the new guy was/is screwing everything up. I was at the sbh the other day & saw the signs in lot B said now you can park cars & trailers in it. What's up, they are playing head games with us!
    I'm thinking he just needs an old fashioned ass kicking! Lol

As previously said it appears you can now use B lot for parking your trailer. This is a good thing but now it appears this trend has started to park your trailer diagonal across three parking spaces. If your trailer is too big for the spot wouldn't you guys think the courteous thing to do is to park in D lot? Once one person parks like that it kind of forces everybody else to do the same and then the lot can only accomodate 1/3 the number of trailers that it can hold. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Crowley View Post
    As previously said it appears you can now use B lot for parking your trailer. This is a good thing but now it appears this trend has started to park your trailer diagonal across three parking spaces. If your trailer is too big for the spot wouldn't you guys think the courteous thing to do is to park in D lot? Once one person parks like that it kind of forces everybody else to do the same and then the lot can only accomodate 1/3 the number of trailers that it can hold. JMO.
    I saw that too, don't understand why people are not parking between the lines like always done before. Maybe they came from Tenn. with the new guy & don't know what the lines are for!? Sure makes one wonder what the hell is going on ?

they want everybody to park on an angle facing the lake is what they said on their facebook page

thats true

Quote Originally Posted by lineman49 View Post
    I believe he has a 25 yr. lease & has to make some type of improvements within the first 5 yrs. I also heard that the state land only starts at the fish cleaning station & goes south from there across the parking lot. (again hear say)
    its ture, safe harbor is just a vendor

Quote Originally Posted by LongRod View Post
    Can anyone provide an update as to what's going on at the SBH. I have avoided it for the past few weeks because it was a real mess last time I was there. No shuttle, launching and retrieving from which ever ramp you want and parking was a mess. Has the situation improved or am I better off just skipping it and heading to SP?
    I like many others have avoided the SBH. I did launch there Monday evening after work, not much boat traffic. People where launching and retrieving wherever they wanted too. The good news is you can park your trailer in lot B. Still no trailer parking in lot A and no shuttle for when lot B fills up. Good for during the week but I bet come the holiday weekend all the idiots and @sses will make it unbearable.

and its gonna be a beautiful weekend get in the water early and get out early