What's happening??? What's happening??? What's happening??? What's happening???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question What's happening???

I have been looking at a fishable lake for days now and except for Juls report for 2/26 I see nothing. I know people are fishing so why is this site so quiet? I'm ready to move my boat to Port Clinton on a moments notice but not until I hear from you guys. I know it's cold but Juls cannot be the only one braving the cold or am I wrong. You know I will post as soon as the first walleye hits my cooler. Until then I am listening......

Dr. Ed,
    After reading Juls report 2/26, my wife and I hit Erie near Kelly's February 27th. I could not stand it anymore, long winter! Caught (1) 8.2 lb. / 28" walleye and (1) 24" walleye. Lots of marks in 27' water. Released 8.2 lb. mama walleye, kept 24" jack. Thanks Juls!
    Very cold for wife, even with proper winter gear. We trolled P10's as Juls suggested Marvin - 20/20--2 oz. snap weight; and P10 with no weight; .5-.8 mph, Both tactics caught fish. Mazuriks parking lot on 2/27 was about 1/3 full. Only fished 4 hours.
    Lund 1875 Sport Tyee
    Mercury Pro XS 150 4/stroke
    9.9 Pro Mercury kicker
    IPilot Ulterra 112
    Vessel View 703; Lowrance HD

There you go doc! I still have to put a new lowrance in the new to the boys boat. they are there, too cold for me right now.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

water is dirty in most spots where the fish are at...people have been out just not much success...only spot doing good is brest bay in mich waters.

There was a small window 2wks ago right after ice cleared out that Juls and some others got out.Most everyone I read did not do near as well as Juls and her fellow captain did.Since then its been cold and windy.Western lake is muddied up pretty good .The few times anybody has gotten out since then have been lucky not to get skunked.Heard that guys fishing off Michigan have been doing well in their clean waters.Easy and quick limits.Need some stable weather for water to clear and it will be on!

Not a lot of people fishing yet. Those that are, are posting their results on Facebook and Instagram.

I haven't been out since my last report, but I'll be out this weekend (Sunday for sure...not sure on Saturday yet)....the forecast is looking nice for Saturday and Sunday.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

We are also heading out Sunday - West of Fenwick. Will post results as well. Then, will hopefully be out with Capt. Juls the following Saturday if the weather holds up for us.

Quote Originally Posted by dayze_awayze View Post
    We are also heading out Sunday - West of Fenwick. Will post results as well. Then, will hopefully be out with Capt. Juls the following Saturday if the weather holds up for us.
    Keeping my fingers crossed for nice weather on your day! I picked up a trip for this Saturday too, so I'll be out both days this weekend.

Tomorrow is supposed to be clear and sunny, so we'll have a good satellite picture to look at, and figure out where the best water is for the weekend.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Tight lines you guys, please tell us what happens. I think everybody's going nuts wanting to get out.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Dirty water has been the biggest issue . That big NE 2 weeks ago messed it up , and it's been windy enough it hasn't let it settle . Water is starting to look better but it Sure doesn't look like a good forcast this week.
    Only been out once this yr in the boat on 2/28 and we got 16 once started trolling in about 3-4 hrs . . Tried jigging with pimples and raps but we couldn't make it happen .