Bandit I be frozen picture Bandit I be frozen picture Bandit I be frozen picture Bandit I be frozen picture
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have some of his bandits,an the fish tore up some of the hooks,not a bad thing, but would like to know what size and brand of hooks they are so I can replace them, they look to be bigger than a #2 Thanks!

Djscustomeyeslures.com

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I have some of his bandits,an the fish tore up some of the hooks,not a bad thing, but would like to know what size and brand of hooks they are so I can replace them, they look to be bigger than a #2 Thanks!
    It appears to be a inferior hook and split ring. Here is a thread that discusses that problem. The only problem is that you have to be a member and logged in to read the posts. It is a free sight like this one but you need a user name and pass word to access the forums

It sounds like any good #2 treble hook will work.

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/threa...-hooks.296834/
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

I want to apologize to wakita. He texted me on when I was fishing about the hooks and split rings on the bandits at which I think replied back telling him I have not had a problem. After doing a little research I have learned that since I only run custom bandits from djs customeyed lures they change the split rings and hooks to a better quality. So for that I am sorry. I did not know till yesterday since I have never had a stock bandit in my hand. Sorry wakita. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by skipper9 View Post
    I want to apologize to wakita. He texted me on when I was fishing about the hooks and split rings on the bandits at which I think replied back telling him I have not had a problem. After doing a little research I have learned that since I only run custom bandits from djs customeyed lures they change the split rings and hooks to a better quality. So for that I am sorry. I did not know till yesterday since I have never had a stock bandit in my hand. Sorry wakita. Jim
    Jim;

There is no need for an apology! It seems that some of the factory Bandits have bad rings and hooks and some don't. I haven't even got to fish yet but wanted to change the hooks and rings if needed before getting on the water. It is much easier to change them at home on the table than in the boat. I hope to get out the latter part of this week and give them a whirl. Boat has been in for 3 weeks but have had weather and boat problems(Bilge pump) this spring without having hook issues while trying to fish. I have slowed up some the last couple of years, I guess my age is beginning to catch up to me!
    Last edited by wakina; 05-01-2016 at 09:19 AM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Just a rookie here but I can tell you first hand the factory bandits I have been using do have hook and ring issues. First time in my life I have had to repair hooks but I guess that is a good thing meaning bigger fish. SWEET>

Broke two hooks and have bents many this year using New Factory Bandits on these "World Class Walleye" (can't help but saying it). Also have stretched out a few split rings.

I have since stocked up on "aftermarket parts". Look forward to getting my hands on a few DJ Customs.

Edit: All my Bandits came from reputable local bait shop so I assume they are not Chinese Knockoffs.
    Dave(snothere)
    2352 Trophy Hardtop WA
    Channel Grove Marina
    Sammy the Lucky Golden

Quote Originally Posted by Davesnothere View Post
    Just a rookie here but I can tell you first hand the factory bandits I have been using do have hook and ring issues. First time in my life I have had to repair hooks but I guess that is a good thing meaning bigger fish. SWEET>

Broke two hooks and have bents many this year using New Factory Bandits on these "World Class Walleye" (can't help but saying it). Also have stretched out a few split rings.

I have since stocked up on "aftermarket parts". Look forward to getting my hands on a few DJ Customs.

Edit: All my Bandits came from reputable local bait shop so I assume they are not Chinese Knockoffs.
    Sorry Dave but the Bandits are all made in China! I don't think the Chinese would allow or tolerate another Chinese company making knockoff merchandise that would compete directly with another legitimate contracted Chinese company and sell that product under the same name. They not only allow the companies over there to make knockoff merchandise but also encourage it so long as the knockoff merchandise is normally foreign (USA) made.
    Last edited by wakina; 05-01-2016 at 12:36 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Heads up to people wanting ibfrozen. I just ordered some from DJ website ,not sure how many are available. So if you want some better hurry. I am not trying to help them sell them . I am sure they will have no trouble doing that. Just wanted people on this forum to know some are available.And my bet is they won't last long.

"Sold out" is not showing on the website but says not available when trying to place an order.

I just ordered (2) of them this morning for our next trip the 11th-15th