Big thanks Big thanks Big thanks Big thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big thanks

Default Big thanks

I just want to give a big thank you to everybody on this site like Wakina, Skipper9,CaptJuls, and everyone else who gives us rookies great information. Me and 3 buddies came out this past Friday & Saturday and had a great time out there. We got there later on Friday and trolled for 2 hours off d can and picked up 3 on ddhj's. Sat.we trolled just off d can again going between it and c can and picked up 9 more on ddhj's and bandits. Some were regular and some were custom ones we picked up at dream catchers but our hottest colors were glass purple perch, some custom purple glass minnows and silver blue. It seemed like everything that had purple on it was working. We were running them at 55-85 back 1-1.5 mph. Once again a BIG thank you to everybody for a great weekend. It's was our first time out doing this kind of fishing and we had a blast and I know if it weren't for this site we would still be scratching our heads wondering where to start. Happy Easter and good fishing

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    I just want to give a big thank you to everybody on this site like Wakina, Skipper9,CaptJuls, and everyone else who gives us rookies great information. Me and 3 buddies came out this past Friday & Saturday and had a great time out there. We got there later on Friday and trolled for 2 hours off d can and picked up 3 on ddhj's. Sat.we trolled just off d can again going between it and c can and picked up 9 more on ddhj's and bandits. Some were regular and some were custom ones we picked up at dream catchers but our hottest colors were glass purple perch, some custom purple glass minnows and silver blue. It seemed like everything that had purple on it was working. We were running them at 55-85 back 1-1.5 mph. Once again a BIG thank you to everybody for a great weekend. It's was our first time out doing this kind of fishing and we had a blast and I know if it weren't for this site we would still be scratching our heads wondering where to start. Happy Easter and good fishing
    Did you get out the Toussaint river OK? Did they have the buoys in yet?

On Edit! I don't know what happened to my post only part of it showed up. Anyhow glad you did good and you got your feet wet on the awesome walleye fishing. Congrats on a job well done. See you at the marina soon.
    Last edited by wakina; 03-27-2016 at 08:35 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Awesome job.. Glad you did great!!

Yes all the buoys are in even the ones out in the lake. Made it real easy getting in and out. You were right about that navionics chip too. Made it a lot easier navigating the lake around the reef area and getting back in Friday evening when it started getting dark on us.

Glad you guys had a fun weekend...
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

I will second that. This is my second season and what I have learned off of these people on here is invaluable.

Baron, thanks for stopping in and seeing us, glad you had a good outing and look forward to a strong season, give me a call or text if you ever need anything sir and continue to be safe.
    David
    David M Miller
    Dreamcatcher Fishing Bait & Tackle
    912-433-6000
    [email protected]

I second what Baron said. Everyone on here is great!

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    Yes all the buoys are in even the ones out in the lake. Made it real easy getting in and out. You were right about that navionics chip too. Made it a lot easier navigating the lake around the reef area and getting back in Friday evening when it started getting dark on us.
    Reading this post is why I thought of the danger involved with Crib reef. If you are in the Niagara Reef area and head in to the Toussaint River you will come pretty close to that reef and maybe come in right over the top of it depending on where you are when heading in. It actually scared me a little bit to think that maybe you could have hit that reef coming in while under power. I would have blamed myself for not warning you before hand. Even a 2 to 3 ft chop will put the reef more than close enough to the surface between waves(in the valley)for a boat to hit it even while on plane.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

I appreciate the concern Wakina. There was a post on this forum a little while back and someone made a comment about the reefs and how you could tear your boat up on them .. That was the main reason I got that navionics chip.I'm new to the lake and try to take heed to everything you vets tell us rookies. It really helped with navigating around the reefs.