Radio channels Radio channels Radio channels Radio channels

Thread: Radio channels

Default Radio channels

do boats at certain marinas have their own special radio channels they monitor? If so my boat will be docked for the season at beef creek marina and I'm wondering what channel you guys there monitor

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    do boats at certain marinas have their own special radio channels they monitor? If so my boat will be docked for the season at beef creek marina and I'm wondering what channel you guys there monitor
    I don't know what they use. But members of this site usually use 68 or 79. Some of the guys at Beef Creek are very secretive about where they fish until they get to know you. Let me know if you need anything when I am down there, my slip number is 44. What is your slip number, or have you not been assigned one yet. Will try to get together some this summer.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

I'm in slip #3. I'll be bringing the boat out do some fishing this Friday and Saturday. Guess I'll monitor ch.68 and 79. Thanks for the info Wakina. Looking forward to meeting you sometime and talk some fishing

I'm in slip #3. I'll be bringing the boat out do some fishing this Friday and Saturday. Guess I'll monitor ch.68 and 79. Thanks for the info Wakina. Looking forward to meeting you sometime and talk some fishing
    Have they got the buoys in the river mouth out into the lake yet? It is tricky once you get to the river mouth on out to the deeper water in the lake! It is normally marked with buoys once the season starts. Beef Creek puts them in and maintains them with help from Paradise Acres. You should Monitor your sonar all the way out when leaving the river until you get into 4 to 5 ft of water, especially the first several times. It is not a straight shot out into the lake from the river mouth just so you are aware. I may go up tomorrow, if I do I will check and see if the buoys have been placed yet.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

I was there last week just to check the place out and the buoys weren't in yet. Once again I appreciate the warning about the river and a I'll be waiting to hear if the bouys are in. Also I see you have a hds5 with the platinum plus Lake Erie sd card. I ordered one for my hds5 and would appreciate any input. I'm hoping it's worth the money

I was there last week just to check the place out and the buoys weren't in yet. Once again I appreciate the warning about the river and a I'll be waiting to hear if the bouys are in. Also I see you have a hds5 with the platinum plus Lake Erie sd card. I ordered one for my hds5 and would appreciate any input. I'm hoping it's worth the money
    I did not get up Sunday to check but went up today. The buoys are in the river but it has been to windy for them to put the buoys in the lake channel. They have to use a barge to take them out and place them as they weigh more than what their buoy tender(pontoon) can handle. They said they hope they can get them in this week if the wind does not blow to hard.

I think you will be well satisfied with the map chip that you purchased as it is highly detailed.

Your dock is not far from mine, just across the dry dock lot from one another. Rose said you mentioned me when you were up a few days ago. I am sure we will see each other this summer.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS