Spoons Spoons Spoons Spoons
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spoons

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck E. View Post
    I also want to pick up some more spoons. Michigan stingers come in three different sizes.

Scorpion 2 1/4"
    Stinger 3 3/4"
    Magnum 4 3/4"

Just looking for the preference for trolling in the western basin late spring and early summer. So many choices in sizes and colors. Hoping to narrow down the choice because things are starting to get expensive.

Thanks for any input. Also open to other manufacturers of spoons.
    you might want to check out galeforcetackle.com for some cheaper spoons. I switched to them a few yrs ago and they work just as good as stingers. but the paint holds up much better on the gale force spoons. they have some great colors with dr death and reverse muffin being the 2 best colors. I like the smaller spoons for erie eyes.

I use multiple sizes of the Michigan spoons and have actually caught the most fish on the small ones behind jets. Easily my best color has been "Sir Walleye." It's pink/purple with black dots. Not sure why but some of mine have a silver back and some gold. The gold back has been better.

I like the wolverine tackle co. Jr. Steak spoons I have been using for a few years now. I get them off of the Walleye Tackle store you can shop right above on this chat site . I have used the smaller ones mostly, but I think I am going to buy an assortment of the 4.75 magnum spoons seeing how many short fish I catch on big crank baits. I catch a lot of junk on the smaller spoons, I am thinking perhaps the larger spoons may reduce this some.
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

I have the small spoons,but prefer the stingers, 3 3/4. I'm usually trolling cranks more, did very well a couple a week's ago with spoons, purples &pink combos. I also like the copper back. Dr Kevorkian was my hot color.

silver steaks and mich.stingers are just about the same size in the small size, but when you go bigger they are different in shape...the bigger mich. stingers work better in erie.

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman 2 View Post
    silver steaks and mich.stingers are just about the same size in the small size, but when you go bigger they are different in shape...the bigger mich. stingers work better in erie.
    I like the bigger spoons....... NASCAR has always produced.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauken23 View Post
    I use multiple sizes of the Michigan spoons and have actually caught the most fish on the small ones behind jets. Easily my best color has been "Sir Walleye." It's pink/purple with black dots. Not sure why but some of mine have a silver back and some gold. The gold back has been better.
    I've been having good luck with the standard size stinger in Sir Walleye as well . The one I'm using is the UV transparent version , with a copper back .