Two trips in one day??? Two trips in one day??? Two trips in one day??? Two trips in one day???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Two trips in one day???

I've had a few out-of-state people call me in the last few days looking for walleye trips. I'm posting this on here because they told me they found me through walleye.com. They have asked since they are travelling in from out-of-state, if we can do two trips in a day (I assume to make the drive worth it???).

Here's my position:
    Am I allowed to do two walleye trips in a day? Yes. It doesn't matter how many trips I run, as long as I personally don't keep more than 6 walleye.
    Can I take YOU out 2 walleye trips in one day? Yes. Legally speaking, I'm not the one breaking the law!
    Would that be breaking the law? For me, no. For you it would - you're allowed 6 walleye per day per person.
    Am I going to take YOU out again, and assist you in poaching? No. Absolutely not. Please, don't ask.

Summary: I care about this walleye population more than I do your money. I need these fish in the lake for tomorrow's group, and next weeks, and the next 15 years. I'd love to take you out to catch YOUR limit! But I will in no way assist you in exceeding that limit. 45 years in Ohio, and I'm 100% violation free, and I fully intend to keep it that way.

Thanks for understanding.......sorry for the rant.
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    37' Tollycraft "Pirate Clipper"
    www.eriecharter.com
    Lake Erie Fishing Charters
    Lake Erie Walleye Charters
    Lake Erie Charter Fishing

Tell them, sure we can go out and catch a limit of walleye, I can bring you back for lunch and we can go back out a second trip.....for perch!

Good fishing with you this year Eric. You do a fantastic job! Can't wait until next year...or maybe one more decent weather day is left this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    Tell them, sure we can go out and catch a limit of walleye, I can bring you back for lunch and we can go back out a second trip.....for perch!

Good fishing with you this year Eric. You do a fantastic job! Can't wait until next year...or maybe one more decent weather day is left this season.
    No doubt - yes, back out for perch - no problem! Just much cheaper to do the combo trip, without coming back in! But you get my point.....
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    www.eriecharter.com

Default Two trips in one day

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Eric View Post
    No doubt - yes, back out for perch - no problem! Just much cheaper to do the combo trip, without coming back in! But you get my point.....
    Good evening Captain , In today,s world where money means everything. It is refreshing to hear someone that thinks a little farther ahead than that. We have had several people fish on our boat this year that have ask what if we get our limit ? Can we bring them back to the dock and go out again ? My answer is always the same. If we are fortunate enough to limit out , I am happy to consider that a good day. I am happy to just call myself a decent enough boat owner to give you a good day on the lake. I am not a charter captain. Just a guy lucky enough to have a boat, and wife that enjoys the lake as much as I do. The Nan Sea Lee, Formally Figment out of Foxhaven.

Nice to hear......I hate hearing about ppl on purpose taking too many fish. I don't make my living from the water, but I hope my kids ( age 2 and 4 ) and hopefully future grandkids get the same memories I have. That can only happen if we preserve and protect what we have

Quote Originally Posted by Figment View Post
    Good evening Captain , In today,s world where money means everything. It is refreshing to hear someone that thinks a little farther ahead than that. We have had several people fish on our boat this year that have ask what if we get our limit ? Can we bring them back to the dock and go out again ? My answer is always the same. If we are fortunate enough to limit out , I am happy to consider that a good day. I am happy to just call myself a decent enough boat owner to give you a good day on the lake. I am not a charter captain. Just a guy lucky enough to have a boat, and wife that enjoys the lake as much as I do. The Nan Sea Lee, Formally Figment out of Foxhaven.
    Are you at Anchor's Away now? Pretty sure I've seen a "Nan-Sea-Lee" over there!
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    www.eriecharter.com

Capt. Eric, I don,t know of another Nan Sea Lee , but It's possible. WE are located at Foxhaven . Have a Luhrs 342 Two trips in one day???-dscf0370-jpg

Maybe I saw you at PIB or something, but I know I've see ya! Nice boat!
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    www.eriecharter.com

Thanks Capt., We love the boat. The only downfall, the people who tend to fish with us don't seem to understand the twin 454 s run on gas. It doesn't seem to run very far on thank you's. See you out there next spring. The cottons

A lot of none boat owners don't have a clue how much gas most boats drink. Hell I'm even shocker how much fuel my little 7.5hp kicker drinks. I'm sure at 2mph is almost as much as the 115 main runs through.....but it's so nice not to have bags out to slow down, it's nice to be able to talk and yell, and it's nice to be able to let go of the wheel to help net a fish or a tangle and have the boat do an instant 360.