Commercial fishing nets Commercial fishing nets Commercial fishing nets Commercial fishing nets

Default Commercial fishing nets

I heard there were fishnets near dump area Straight out from Sandusky Bay, we did not see them Saturday.
    Is there a way to get coordinates from Coast Guard? If not there should be.

There are a few a couple miles east of the dump. I posted this spot for others to see where we got our walleye, next time out a net was there. No more posting for me.Commercial fishing nets-img_1620-jpg.
    JBD's Regina Marie (Johnny Big Dawg)
    The Regina Marie: 2008 340 Sea Ray with Sportsman Package
    Twin 8.1L Inboards, Autopilot
    Rocket Launchers, Cisco Rod Holders, Scotty Downriggers
    Raymarine w/ Navionics, Radar, Rear TV to duplicate display or watch the game
    Sirius radio usually jamming Margaritaville

Quote Originally Posted by JBD's Regina Marie View Post
    There are a few a couple miles east of the dump. I posted this spot for others to see where we got our walleye, next time out a net was there. No more posting for me.Commercial fishing nets-img_1620-jpg.
    I hear ya Johnny! Sounds like we will just have to pm between friends. I hate seeing those nets!

we were east of the dump last sat there were lots of nets 2 net boats were in the area all day looked like they were just sitting around not sure what they were up to also it sure looked like to us a couple nets were not marked with the single flag on the one end we saw the double flag

Are they allowed to not walleye? For some reason I though only perch in US waters.

We have run across nets before that were not properly marked. The one that smoked me the worst was the time the site gle and double flag reversed........didn't see the single till in the net, went to go out and around and ended all up in it. Very pissed, took 20 plus minutes to cut my way out of it.

So how they should be market and how they are marked are not the same. And at night you can't see anything

I was told, way back when, that the reason for Pennsylvania requiring a separate lake Erie stamp was so they could "buy out" the commercial netters
    There are still nets in Pa waters as well.

I think that the nets flags should have lights on them also. When I cleaned up oil spills and deployed containment boom we had to put flashing lights on the ends of the boom.

Of course there are lots of things out there that"should " a light on it. Almost all of the cans, and fence buoys are unlit, can belive it would be that expensive to put a solar led on then.

For how dangerous Lake Eire has proved to be over the years, I would think that everything would be better marked with lights.

Quote Originally Posted by branhamautomotive View Post
    Are they allowed to not walleye? For some reason I though only perch in US waters.

We have run across nets before that were not properly marked. The one that smoked me the worst was the time the site gle and double flag reversed........didn't see the single till in the net, went to go out and around and ended all up in it. Very pissed, took 20 plus minutes to cut my way out of it.

So how they should be market and how they are marked are not the same. And at night you can't see anything
    Not netting walleye. There are still commercial perch licenses in Ohio, and licenses for rough fish. I've seen a few of those nets also, missing a flag at one end or the other. It sucks, but it'll never change. Kinda like the fine they're getting for overfishing perch right now. The fine is only $1000, but they're pulling up $3000 - $5000 worth of perch in a net. Still more profitable to just keep paying the fine! Or so I've heard..........
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    37' Tollycraft "Pirate Clipper"
    www.eriecharter.com
    Lake Erie Fishing Charters
    Lake Erie Walleye Charters
    Lake Erie Charter Fishing