Walleye report Walleye report Walleye report Walleye report
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walleye report

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Eric View Post
    That's a stock Michigan Stinger color.... a little hard to find around Marblehead. Sorry, I bought em all.
    Any other colors that are proven performers. I have some spoons but not what I feel is enough, wouldn't mind hearing what ppl feel are the 5 or 6 best all around performers for them

Quote Originally Posted by branhamautomotive View Post
    Any other colors that are proven performers. I have some spoons but not what I feel is enough, wouldn't mind hearing what ppl feel are the 5 or 6 best all around performers for them
    If you're only going to stock your spoon box with 5 or 6 colors..... I'd go with:

1) Pooh Bear Purple
    2) Pooh Bear Chartruese
    3) Yager Bomb
    4) Purple Demon
    5) Sir Walleye
    6) Cat Dog / Lami Cakes / I Don't Know ---- it's a toss-up..... all three of these can all have good days!

I'm sure you noticed that Tourney Winner is not in there....even though it's had some AWESOME days! Like Sunday, it was on fire! But overall, the list above are my go-to colors to start with..... Those are all stock Michigan Stinger colors.

Water clarity, sunlight penetration, depth of the fish, and what they are feeding on all have some effect on color selection. And many times, it'll change from one hour to the next! Add to that, speed, direction, and location..... and BAM! You've got a limit easy, right? And people think trolling is easy.....
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    37' Tollycraft "Pirate Clipper"
    www.eriecharter.com
    Lake Erie Fishing Charters
    Lake Erie Walleye Charters
    Lake Erie Charter Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    Sunday was a dream to fish. Hey Eric, tell him about the crazy guy you saw fishing those 5-7's in a 21 ft boat....lol. 😱
    I don't remember that, but I did see people on surfboards surfing the southeast corner of Kelleys! First time I've seen that!
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    37' Tollycraft "Pirate Clipper"
    www.eriecharter.com
    Lake Erie Fishing Charters
    Lake Erie Walleye Charters
    Lake Erie Charter Fishing

I don't remember that, but I did see people on surfboards surfing the southeast corner of Kelleys! First time I've seen that!
    I was referring to me being out there Saturday in my little boat. I was probably between swells and you couldn't see me. Lol

If you're only going to stock your spoon box with 5 or 6 colors..... I'd go with:

1) Pooh Bear Purple
    2) Pooh Bear Chartruese
    3) Yager Bomb
    4) Purple Demon
    5) Sir Walleye
    6) Cat Dog / Lami Cakes / I Don't Know ---- it's a toss-up..... all three of these can all have good days!

I'm sure you noticed that Tourney Winner is not in there....even though it's had some AWESOME days! Like Sunday, it was on fire! But overall, the list above are my go-to colors to start with..... Those are all stock Michigan Stinger colors.

Water clarity, sunlight penetration, depth of the fish, and what they are feeding on all have some effect on color selection. And many times, it'll change from one hour to the next! Add to that, speed, direction, and location..... and BAM! You've got a limit easy, right? And people think trolling is easy.....
    I do have a a couple of those colors, when starting the collection I though basic first then add others laters.

I'm sure for the professional Fisher ppl the limits come easier than for us novice. But we all have great and bad days. It's the great days we remember when we are having a bad one.

There is no doubt how hard and how much money you full timers put into your craft.