Walleye report Walleye report Walleye report Walleye report
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walleye report

Default Walleye report

Got a late start, got on the lake about 830 with the 10 mile run towards to go, was a little slow going till we cleared marblehead. Fished till 230, kept 15, put back just as many if not more. Tried to keep 16" plus, so I know we put back more than 3 legal fish. 40tt, behind offshore boards. Spoons, best color actually seemed to be blue.

What was your best lead on the tt40? Ours was 105 with chicken wing as best spoon.

Chicken wing did work for us too... we ran 60 to 100, all leads pulled fish. We also pulled pink panties, some orange and purple, watermelon, I don't have a huge selection or know all the names.

I am a big believer color is not the main thing but presentation is. And I think you have the presentation thing going by your post. Was a nice day in lake.

Don't want to sound negative, but i believe color is critical! I may start off with 10 different colors in the water, and as fish start coming in I track what color and lead.... if i see a pattern developing (which is usually the case) I set all 16 rods with that color and depth... and let the chaos begin!!! My best pull was 29 keepers in 45 minutes, and that was only working 6 rods.....couldn't even get more set.
    FYI... my best color on Saturday and Sunday was Tourney Winner, scorpion size. I love it when it catches fish, but hate it because that finish will only last a few trips for me. I wish they'd make that one on a hammered copper spoon....might last a little longer.
    Good luck out there!!!
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    37' Tollycraft "Pirate Clipper"
    www.eriecharter.com
    Lake Erie Fishing Charters
    Lake Erie Walleye Charters
    Lake Erie Charter Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Eric View Post
    Don't want to sound negative, but i believe color is critical! I may start off with 10 different colors in the water, and as fish start coming in I track what color and lead.... if i see a pattern developing (which is usually the case) I set all 16 rods with that color and depth... and let the chaos begin!!! My best pull was 29 keepers in 45 minutes, and that was only working 6 rods.....couldn't even get more set.
    FYI... my best color on Saturday and Sunday was Tourney Winner, scorpion size. I love it when it catches fish, but hate it because that finish will only last a few trips for me. I wish they'd make that one on a hammered copper spoon....might last a little longer.
    Good luck out there!!!
    Gotta get DJ to paint those for you.
    JBD's Regina Marie (Johnny Big Dawg)
    The Regina Marie: 2008 340 Sea Ray with Sportsman Package
    Twin 8.1L Inboards, Autopilot
    Rocket Launchers, Cisco Rod Holders, Scotty Downriggers
    Raymarine w/ Navionics, Radar, Rear TV to duplicate display or watch the game
    Sirius radio usually jamming Margaritaville

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Eric View Post
    Good luck out there!!!
    Eric is that a custom color or factory, I was out sunday righr around you and eye hunter. Was sure glad the waves Cal ed down the further east we went......was worried as I worked my way from maz. Towards the light house that we were not going to be able to fish in my little 19 fter

That's a stock Michigan Stinger color.... a little hard to find around Marblehead. Sorry, I bought em all.
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    37' Tollycraft "Pirate Clipper"
    www.eriecharter.com
    Lake Erie Fishing Charters
    Lake Erie Walleye Charters
    Lake Erie Charter Fishing

Lol they have them online I'm sure

Quote Originally Posted by branhamautomotive View Post
    Eric is that a custom color or factory, I was out sunday righr around you and eye hunter. Was sure glad the waves Cal ed down the further east we went......was worried as I worked my way from maz. Towards the light house that we were not going to be able to fish in my little 19 fter
    Sunday was a dream to fish. Hey Eric, tell him about the crazy guy you saw fishing those 5-7's in a 21 ft boat....lol. 😱