Day 2 Fishing with my South Dakota Crew...4/12/17 Day 2 Fishing with my South Dakota Crew...4/12/17 Day 2 Fishing with my South Dakota Crew...4/12/17 Day 2 Fishing with my South Dakota Crew...4/12/17

Default Day 2 Fishing with my South Dakota Crew...4/12/17

Okay...let me correct the spelling of Eryn to Aaron, but explain that it wasn't my fault it was misspelled! That's the spelling he gave me in the boat yesterday morning, so now, that's how I'm going to spell it the rest of the week....just because! Ha!

This morning, my crew, and Capt Kevin's and Capt Chuck's crews, met us at Catawba State Park at 6:30am, so we could be on the water by 6:45 (before the NWT competitors).

The winds were stronger than forecast for this morning, so that was a l little disappointing. I was looking forward to a glass like lake, so I could open up that 300 G2, but it was a bit bumpy with the winds at 10-13 out of the NW...it wasn't too bad though, and we made a long run out to the reef complex, where it turns out everyone else decided to go to too!

It was kind of cool seeing all the NWT boats coming from a long distance away... with their boats spraying water high and wide, as their boats crushed the waves.

The bite wasn't on fire, but it was enough to keep my guys interested and excited every time the board went back. We managed 6 nice walleye, and two white bass, with our best five going 32 1/2 pounds...(Note: you can take the woman out of tournaments, but you can't take the touranment out of the girl...heheheh). I'm going to look later and see where we would have ended up with that weight. I'm guessing middle of the pack someplace....where I usually ended up.

5 of the eyes were females, that were all post spawn....the other was a chunky little 18" male.

Bandits 30-50 back at 1.5 worked for us. Best colors were stock colors: Khaki, & Natural Perch, and Custom Color: "Domka Outdoor's" Huff Daddy Chrome. Khaki took the most fish, which is no longer a surprise to me. If you asked me to choose only one color to run...that would be it!

After we caught 5 fish up by the reefs, we moved down to check the G can area to check for clean water, and toss some lines in. The water was cleaner to the west shore, but on top of the cans it was muddy. We pulled a 29" fish there, shortly after putting the lines in, but that was it for the last hour of our trip.

There is a clean strip just off the point of Catawba that I might try in the morning, since we're launching right there, it only makes sense to give it a try. Some of my biggest fish in the past, this time of year, have come off that point. But, this spring has been anything but "normal".
    Who knows...

Time to go eat some Mexican food....I'm starving, and don't feel like cooking!

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Day 2 Fishing with my South Dakota Crew...4/12/17-day-2-bill-perkins-sd-groupimg_8754-jpg Day 2 Fishing with my South Dakota Crew...4/12/17-day-2-bill-perkins-sd-groupimg_8748-jpg Day 2 Fishing with my South Dakota Crew...4/12/17-day-2-bill-perkins-sd-groupimg_8749-jpg Day 2 Fishing with my South Dakota Crew...4/12/17-day-2-bill-perkins-sd-groupimg_8752-jpg Day 2 Fishing with my South Dakota Crew...4/12/17-day-2-bill-perkins-sd-groupimg_8746-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Juls we were on that point this morning, from 10 till 1130 with 5 other nwt boats. I did not see a net go down. Lots of marks in that cleaner water but mist were 25ft down

I'm sure thus has been asked, is khaki a stk color or custom. If custom where can one get them

Quote Originally Posted by branhamautomotive View Post
    Juls we were on that point this morning, from 10 till 1130 with 5 other nwt boats. I did not see a net go down. Lots of marks in that cleaner water but mist were 25ft down
    Thanks for the report...saves me some time!
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by branhamautomotive View Post
    I'm sure thus has been asked, is khaki a stk color or custom. If custom where can one get them
    It's a stock color.....brown back...beige sides...orange belly...red gill plate...and a black dot on the tail end.
    [email protected]

Juls. When you say 35-50' back, are these the deep running bandits or the shallow bandits? Any weights? Running these off planer boards I am assuming? Thanks for all of the great information.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1031 View Post
    Juls. When you say 35-50' back, are these the deep running bandits or the shallow bandits? Any weights? Running these off planer boards I am assuming? Thanks for all of the great information.
    The deep walleye 5/8ths oz....no weight...using Off Shore online planer boards

Juls, I was wondering what you are seeing for water temps out on the lake. I will be out to fish with you the 2nd week of May. I starting to get pretty excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosechaser View Post
    Juls, I was wondering what you are seeing for water temps out on the lake. I will be out to fish with you the 2nd week of May. I starting to get pretty excited.
    I saw 50.2 at G can today.
    [email protected]

Juls, your 32.5 lb would have placed you eighth on Day One. Way to go.....