String Braid or mono String Braid or mono String Braid or mono String Braid or mono
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default String Braid or mono

Looking for recommendations for size and type of line to re-string my trolling line counters. Mainly troll meat on harnesses, some reef runners, bandits, cranks in general. We mostly run worm harnesses.

30lb power pro

Quote Originally Posted by Greatwhitehunter View Post
    30lb power pro
    backed with mono. it'll cut the cost of putting 400 yrds of line on your LC. i usually put a boat load of mono on then about 300 feet of braid. you'll never put out that much braid so you can get 3 poles done in one 300 yard spool of braid.

I use braided on dipseys. Mono leader then no snubbers. Mono on others with church boards. Braided seems to cut/pull out of clamps on boards. I'm sure their is 100's of different answers. I like 17# test mono. I think what ever you use, things happen. Your going lose some.

12 lb big game mono, I like it as good as XT and it costs a lot less. I use this with inline boards with harnesses and cranks. .014" diameter so all the dive curves are accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatwhitehunter View Post
    30lb power pro
    X2 on the 30lbs braid. We put 1000ft of big game 25lb then 500ft of power pro. We double check all the final out to 100. 400 actually buts me square on but with 500 i read about 2 to 3 ft long at 100 which noreally only makes a few inches in depth being that far out. Plus it gets me extra line on the reel for a few tangles or brakes without having to strip all the braid off. I want to note all my distances were using the reel counter not actual lengths.

All diameters of reels will take different lengths to make them filled correctly. Thanks Jim from eye hunters for the trip on getting my okumas filled fast and correctly
    Last edited by branhamautomotive; 08-06-2017 at 08:57 PM.

30 lb PowerPro backed with mono. Since I switched to this years ago I haven't looked back!

30 lb pwoerpro with 20lb berkely xt backing 450 foot of braid and 300 ft of backing

I use mono on my planer board rods and braid for dipseys 20 pound maximum mono

we use 15lb Maxima mono on rods that we use the inline boards on and 30lb power pro braid on rods for the dipseys.All reels are calibrated,which I finally figured out how to do 2yrs ago.Recommend mono for releases since had problems with braid not holding in the releases for boards.If get a tangle with mono,at least you got a good chance of untangling.With braid,you get a tangle, most likely cutting.