New here New here New here New here

Thread: New here

Default New here

I'm new to the forum and new to fishing erie. I bought a new bigger boat for the occasional trip to Erie and am trying to learn a little about fishing the big waters. Does my boat look suitable for erie on good days?
    Attached Images Attached Images New here-boat-1-jpg New here-boat-2-jpg New here-boat-3-jpg New here-boat-4-jpg 
    2015 crestliner 2250 authority with a 300 mercury Verado pro four stroke and a 15 hp Mercury Prokicker.

Quote Originally Posted by timdan94 View Post
    I'm new to the forum and new to fishing erie. I bought a new bigger boat for the occasional trip to Erie and am trying to learn a little about fishing the big waters. Does my boat look suitable for erie on good days?
    Welcome aboard to the forums.

Nice ride. From what I am seeing it looks like a very suitable boat. Looks like you are more than ready to try the big lake. LOL, You do know that there is no cure for the Lake Erie fever don't you? Once you catch it you are done for!
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Welcome you will find a lot of valuable information on this site and wakina is right every year my wife tells me I have a fishing addiction. Good fishing and stay safe
    Thanks Matt

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

My wife already knows I have a fishing addiction. We have been trolling smaller lakes in my area for perch, crappie, and walleye already and I'm now wanting to go for bigger walleye after learning how to troll with planer boards, dipsey divers, bottom bouncers, and with downriggers. Are there many campgrounds near lake Erie so I don't have to stay in hotels?
    Here is a picture of my camper and old boat and some of the success we have had on our smaller lakes trolling.

New here-truck-camper-boat-jpg

New here-crappie-walleye-jpg

New here-walleye-jpg

New here-striper-jpg

New here-walleye1-jpg
    Last edited by timdan94; 04-05-2016 at 03:45 PM.
    2015 crestliner 2250 authority with a 300 mercury Verado pro four stroke and a 15 hp Mercury Prokicker.

And another picture
    New here-lisas-walleye-jpg

nice boat if you head this way feel free to give me a call for a fishing report Todd @ 419-467-4761

Quote Originally Posted by BILLY JOE View Post
    nice boat if you head this way feel free to give me a call for a fishing report Todd @ 419-467-4761
    I'm hoping to get out there this weekend as long as the weather holds. I have a 6+ hr drive one way so I don't want to waste the trip. Any tips as where to go as I've never been out on erie yet?
    Thanks

there were lots of marks b can area on sunday and the guys said they caught fish round reef area if your trolling . lake was mud in close but there was a jig bite going on cone reef pretty sure I will be out on Saturday looking good for weekend weather so far

Quote Originally Posted by BILLY JOE View Post
    there were lots of marks b can area on sunday and the guys said they caught fish round reef area if your trolling . lake was mud in close but there was a jig bite going on cone reef pretty sure I will be out on Saturday looking good for weekend weather so far
    Thank You I appreciate it