Ethanol free gas. Ethanol free gas. Ethanol free gas. Ethanol free gas.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ethanol free gas.

Was curious if anybody knew if gas stations, not necessarily marinas that have ethanol free gas available. Here at home it's commonly call rec gas, and is running between 2.80 and 3.60 per gallon. Generally launch near turtle creek for jig, but do venture toward Marblehead. Thanks in advance.

The Shell station on 163 has a sign saying so. East of rt 53
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

This site is pretty good at helping you locate a gas station - http://www.pure-gas.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Whopper View Post
    Was curious if anybody knew if gas stations, not necessarily marinas that have ethanol free gas available. Here at home it's commonly call rec gas, and is running between 2.80 and 3.60 per gallon. Generally launch near turtle creek for jig, but do venture toward Marblehead. Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Turtle point marina has ethanol free gas. It's the last marina on the left on your way out of turtle creek.

When trailering the Circle K's are ethonal free.

Why? Ethanol is fine for your engine if you take a few precautions. I have a 1983 I/O and have been using ethanol since it came out. Replaced the fuel lines, rebuilt the carb and fuel pump and never had an issue. Engine is all original until last winter, pulled the head and did a valve job, cylinders looked like new. I do add a few oz of ethanol treatment each tankfull. I cannot for the life of me understand what all the buzz is over ethanol? It is a higher octane fuel and if you set your engine up for it, you will have fewer issues than ethanol free fuel.

Thanks for the response everyone....are all variety of gas at Circle K ethanol free?
    My reason is, the Certified mechanic thst installed the engine when I re-powered clearly said, "Use only non ethanol fuel if you can help it ". Just doing what he recommended, and I also add fuel treatment to the gas. Any precaution that will extend the life of my investment is well worth every penny.

The problem with ethanol in gasoline - The Globe and Mail
    https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/glo...service=mobile
    Please read this article ethanol is garbage for any older engine for sure very corrosive to carburetor parts etc. Also promotes water in fuel.
    while being more suited to newer fuel injected engines it is still in my 20 plus year mechanic opinion garbage. it was only created to keep corn prices up. I have personally done tests with a 3.5 horsepower Briggs and Stratton engine and seen as high as a 15 percent decrease in run time on a bench using ethenol blended fuel apply that to a 100 gallon boat tank that's a 15 gallon savings at 3.00 per gallon that's 45 bucks per trip not to mention the damage it does to your engine Sorry I'll get off my soapbox now this is Just something I'm very passionate about we have thousands of dollars in our engines and we are nearly forced to run garbage into the top of them

Think about it...if you have to add something to your fuel to make it safer/better for your engine WHY?! there's enough ethanol free stations it's not hard to plan your fill ups to use them. If you ask me, it's not any more expensive if you simply take into account additives and fuel consumption, not including mechanic bills. Your engine will also make more power and be more fuel efficient on ethanol free. No different than race cars, as you go higher in ethanol content (E85 then methanol) you have to use more fuel and have higher maintenance. If your engine uses the same amount of fuel it's even worse because you're essentiallt running your engine lean, which leads to most major engine failures due to extra heat it causes. Plenty of science behind it.

But yeah the pure gas website makes it super easy to find and use for those that trailer especially

If you pass thru Findlay, Oh on your way to the lake you can get E-Free at Legacy on the East side of town on Rt 12.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip