War Buoy again Sept 16 War Buoy again Sept 16 War Buoy again Sept 16 War Buoy again Sept 16

Default War Buoy again Sept 16

Went to same spot by buoy. 300 yards or so ESE of buoy Took awhile to got them going but was steady. Got goldies at HH. They did very well. After wind died a little it was very good. I probably caught 10 doubles but probably only kept 2 or 3 of the perch that were doubles. Ran small. There was a pack of boats a couple miles NE of buoy. Nobody around me for a mile. Did not catch one white perch or sheephead . Used perch/crappie rigs with the arms on them. Let lay on bottom for awhile, slack line. St Clairs had no minnows. Caroline At HH said she called 4 boats and none of them caught shiners. 8 pounds at cleaners.

Quote Originally Posted by Justretired View Post
    Went to same spot by buoy. 300 yards or so ESE of buoy Took awhile to got them going but was steady. Got goldies at HH. They did very well. After wind died a little it was very good. I probably caught 10 doubles but probably only kept 2 or 3 of the perch that were doubles. Ran small. There was a pack of boats a couple miles NE of buoy. Nobody around me for a mile. Did not catch one white perch or sheephead . Used perch/crappie rigs with the arms on them. Let lay on bottom for awhile, slack line. St Clairs had no minnows. Caroline At HH said she called 4 boats and none of them caught shiners. 8 pounds at cleaners.
    I too fished 9/16 and didn't catch a single junk fish all day. Just perch and two 5 inch walleyes. Never seen that before.