4/28 Quick limit 4/28 Quick limit 4/28 Quick limit 4/28 Quick limit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 4/28 Quick limit

Fished right east of K can had 2 man limit in little over 2 hours. Bandits 45 back 1.9
    Attached Images Attached Images 4/28 Quick limit-image-jpg 

We started out in front of turtle creek jigging. Was slow for an hour so stayed with the boats there and threw on Bandits. Picked up 4 really nice size walleyes right away. Same 45' back. Slowed down a bit after that and we picked up a few more. Too lazy to move locations yesterday and we had time restraints.

Want to add, 15 fow literally straight out fro TC is where we caught them all. Right before the radio tower just to the east of TC as people have mentioned before. Someone else mentioned not marking many fish and we've had similar results this year. Not really seeing too many on the finder but catching them still. Hoping we don't have a baitfish problem coming on...

Caught our 8 fish limit in 2hrs also by Kcan in 14 fow with bandits at 40-50 leads.Hot color was ib frozen and RC crush.Think both have orange belly.

For you guys using the Bandits, if a guy used color comparable husky jerks, can they be as effective?

Others mentioned Khaki working. We tried it but fruit dots was out best color. I'm sure any crankbait would work (have had luck with Hot n Tots) but I generally go with the majority and Bandits are proven this time of year. Also like Bandits more than Reef Runners as they can handle speeds closer to 2mph where my RR's sometimes lose their action and swim up to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Caught our 8 fish limit in 2hrs also by Kcan in 14 fow with bandits at 40-50 leads.Hot color was ib frozen and RC crush.Think both have orange belly.
    Had to be pretty bumpy out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Pauken23 View Post
    Others mentioned Khaki working. We tried it but fruit dots was out best color. I'm sure any crankbait would work (have had luck with Hot n Tots) but I generally go with the majority and Bandits are proven this time of year. Also like Bandits more than Reef Runners as they can handle speeds closer to 2mph where my RR's sometimes lose their action and swim up to the top.
    That's why I gave up on RR , two min. in the water and they floated to the top, no one had a reason why. People thought I was nuts.
    Guess what? Bye Bye RR.............

Gene

Thanks for the nice report.

Gene

Glad to see the words Hot N Tot . I am probably as old school as you can get . Just finished getting everything in order for the season. Pulling big boards with tots.Worked well in the past for me, have no reason to think it wont work now. I do have a concern regarding speed. Have never trolled with this boat before ( 34 foot luhrs flybridge w/twin 454) may need to use a drift bag to slow it down to speed. Will let you know how it works out. Nan Sea Lee