Sunday B can again. Sunday B can again. Sunday B can again. Sunday B can again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sunday B can again.

Went early, Got good shiners at St. Clairs. First customer. Went to just south of B can and nothing but sheep. Moved to ENE of can a couple hundred yards and that is where we caught our fish. 2 limits in about 3 hours. Some nice fish. 2 went over 11 and a few 10's. Rest were average 16 pounds at Cutchers. A few whites. Used 1/2 shiners, perch rigs. And as I was pulling the anchor to leave I looked up and this great big cruiser probably headed to Put In Bay went right in front of our boat and I mean within 10 feet ! Never slowed or changed course. Why can't they go around ?

Quote Originally Posted by Justretired View Post
    Went early, Got good shiners at St. Clairs. First customer. Went to just south of B can and nothing but sheep. Moved to ENE of can a couple hundred yards and that is where we caught our fish. 2 limits in about 3 hours. Some nice fish. 2 went over 11 and a few 10's. Rest were average 16 pounds at Cutchers. A few whites. Used 1/2 shiners, perch rigs. And as I was pulling the anchor to leave I looked up and this great big cruiser probably headed to Put In Bay went right in front of our boat and I mean within 10 feet ! Never slowed or changed course. Why can't they go around ?
    Glad you got your fish.

The type of people that run that close to another boat that is fishing have no respect for us lowly fishermen. We are just used for amusement purposes. How dare you anchor in his route to PIB. You should have known better. (Sarcasm).
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

I would have threw some 1oz.egg sinners at that *******

Nice report... looks like decent weight too!

Have always wondered what it is about B can that nearly always holds perch. Wonder whether it is structure or bottom, or wonder too, since the can provides a ready reference for many people to go to the same spot, its the minnows everyone is feeding them that holds perch there?

Blog Entries

Justretired.... do you have a newer trophy I was just west of the buoy, When he went through the pack and thought he got really close to the trophy, Thought he might have a broadening and was going to take there perch... LOL We got are 60, done a little after noon, just under 19 at the cleaners

Blog Entries

broadening party ... that is what I meant....Forgot about the party part.....My bad And happy belated B-Day Wakina, Thanks for all the good info

Quote Originally Posted by OHIO_DUCKER2000 View Post
    Justretired.... do you have a newer trophy I was just west of the buoy, When he went through the pack and thought he got really close to the trophy, Thought he might have a broadening and was going to take there perch... LOL We got are 60, done a little after noon, just under 19 at the cleaners
    Almost 3 to a lb... now those are real decent fish. That's what we been looking for!

Blog Entries

Sorry LE friend that should have been a 3 man limit 90 fish.........oppppppps brain fart!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OHIO_DUCKER2000 View Post
    Sorry LE friend that should have been a 3 man limit 90 fish.........oppppppps brain fart!!!!!!!!!!!
    Darn you burst my bubble!

Quote Originally Posted by onemorecast View Post
    I would have threw some 1oz.egg sinners at that *******
    Nah, some 124 grain hollow points should send the message quite nicely though.