10/7 Perch 10/7 Perch 10/7 Perch 10/7 Perch

Thread: 10/7 Perch

Default 10/7 Perch

What a great morning. 1 mile east of Lucys Point...2 man limit in 1 hour. 16lbs at the cleaners. Cut shiners from Rickards...no blind on homemade rigs. What a year for perch fishing it has been.
    Eriegardless Sportfishing

Offering charters for up to 6 people on a 28' Carolina Classic and 1-3 person charters on a 2021 Starcraft Fishmaster

419-702-0589

Eriegardless Sportfishing - Website
    Eriegardless Sportfishing - Facebook
    Eriegardless Custom Lures

Quote Originally Posted by Eriegardless View Post
    What a great morning. 1 mile east of Lucys Point...2 man limit in 1 hour. 16lbs at the cleaners. Cut shiners from Rickards...no blind on homemade rigs. What a year for perch fishing it has been.

Great job Eriegardless! Only one question - how come the switch from Goldies to cut shiners? Maybe that was my problem. I fished that spot in the evening the day before and didn't have any luck. Wonder if the cut shiners were the difference, or if it was just a different day and time?

Honestly? That's what they had a Rickards. And I cut them into 3 sometimes 4 pieces cause they were large shiners. Heading back out there soon to see if they'll cooperate afer this front.

Let us know how the bite is and what the water clarity is. Satellite doesn't look good... Thinking of tomorrow. Thanks

Honestly? That's what they had a Rickards. And I cut them into 3 sometimes 4 pieces cause they were large shiners. Heading back out there soon to see if they'll cooperate afer this front.

So they were out of Goldies? Wow, thats surprising if thats the case. At any rate - good luck out there today. Hope you slay em again, so I can come over for Perch dinner...lol Jelous that I can't be on the water this weekend. Good luck, and hope to see you soon.

Fished here also the 6th and 7th, .75 mile ESE of can, outside of pack. Had 3 man 25# on the 6th, 3 hour limit, and 4 man 37# on the 7th 2.5 hour limit.
    To windy for Saturday (sadly). Very few shorts, and maybe 6 white ones and 5 small eye. Biggest perch was 11.5" for both days.

Took a little longer today. 3 hours to get 60 that went 21lbs at the cleaners. Same spot as Friday. Water is dirty till you get east of the islands.

Default 10/6 & 10/7 perch

Took a little longer today. 3 hours to get 60 that went 21lbs at the cleaners. Same spot as Friday. Water is dirty till you get east of the islands.
    I got single limits both days in 1-1/2 hours south of the pack at the rockpile. I set anchor at 1 Thursday and 7:30 Friday and never had to move. Not bad considering my depth finder quit working in June!! Only kept a few fish under 9" both days with 2 fish 11" both days. The weather was absolutely perfect both days. I need to find a way to get my dog a fishing license. It really stinks when you have to keep throwing 8" perch back in!!!! I did try drifting for walleye for a couple hours Friday around g can but only caught 1 short. This was my first trip up in 4 weeks. I need to retire and move closer!!

Nice catch dansdad! I hear ya!!! It's been a great year! I am not ready to close up shop for the year.