I messed up BAD today I messed up BAD today I messed up BAD today I messed up BAD today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I messed up BAD today

I got tired of recounting fish so I got an old bail counter out of my spare parts bin, Myself an 2 friends fished until about 4 o'clock when it said we had 90 fish.
    We got back to the dock and here came the game warden, My heart jumped a little but I said to myself I'm ok I was careful and got it right and didn't have to worry. Well guess what !!! we were 3 over. Got a ticket for 118.00 dollars.

MY question is how do the cooler counters work????? Have they ever let anyone down ????

OH!!!! we had 30 lbs's at the cleaners, that is of coarse, less the 3 my friend took with him.
    West side of Kelleys I think about 27 ft.
    Last edited by D.D.E.; 10-11-2016 at 06:02 PM.

That always worries me but we've always been right on so far when counted. How far up the west side were you? Out in the middle of the islands or more towards the south side

Quote Originally Posted by BClark0124 View Post
    That always worries me but we've always been right on so far when counted. How far up the west side were you? Out in the middle of the islands or more towards the south side
    I would say lower west side.

Witnessed first hand those cooler counters mess up too, drop 1 in and it counts 2. I have a hand clicker and 2 buckets. We put perch into 1 bucket while catching and 1 person counts em into cooler when we get a good mess. When counter says limit for all, we count again. Better safe than sorry..

I'm surprised he didn't give all three of you a ticket for being one over each....seeing how it's just a money thing! I mean, you were really putting a hurtin on them taking 3 extra perch! It was obviously an honest mistake, it's not like you had double limit or anything.

Then again I guess I'm still mad about having one walleye that was "1/4 inch" short a few years ago! And they had to measure it 4 or 5 times between 2 different people to come to the conclusion. It's hard to be perfect but we do our best I guess.

I count them in to a bucket and then count again putting them back in to the cooler.. When we think we are close we count and then say we are 10 short I put them in a bucket with water and ice for the final 10. My son got stopped outside the Turtle Creek channel this year by ODNR and they just wanted to look in cooler and asked him how he kept track.

Catch counters work AWSOME!
    I bought one after getting a ticket for being a few fish over. Been stopped by the game warden twice after buying it. Right on both times. Got it down town PC. Less money than another ticket!

I have had mine for 3 yrs. and no complaints.

Gene

Quote Originally Posted by BtweenShots View Post
    I have had mine for 3 yrs. and no complaints.

Gene
    Same here but this would have been my 4th year but didn't use it enough to count this year. Still 3 years for around 50 bucks initial cost isn't bad and it is still going strong. I make a point of looking at the counter each time I put a perch thru it to be sure it counts it. It has not missed one yet.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Only had used mine three times so far and it works great. Always look at counter when throwing fish in.