Boat ramps in and around Port Clinton Boat ramps in and around Port Clinton Boat ramps in and around Port Clinton Boat ramps in and around Port Clinton
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Boat ramps in and around Port Clinton

Can anyone tell me were there are some good ramps to launch a 27 Sportcraft on a triaxle trailer. Look at getting a dock on the Portage river for next season, but haven't see any good ramps.

Thanks in advance,

Pole Setter

There are several places that can lift it in. I think brands and drawbridge can do this. There is a state ramp just outside port clinton on 163. I see some big go fast come out of there.

Thanks Branhamautomotive

Not sure where your looking to dock exactly, we are at Johnny resort. It just west of the rt 2 bridge on the portage. I have a 27ft regal with a b3 outdtive. I am able to launch and recover my boat there at johnnys. We have several 25 ft sportys that are single screws. They normally have no issues with water depth. In the late fall the water can get low in river. In fact I've seen it be basically dry b4. But most marina are dug deeper. If your looking to be down town you should not ever have a water issue. The normal depth after the train bridge west seems to be about 5 ft on most years. This year we had great water, several times I had to.put my Bimini down to get under the train bridge. And that is something else to consider, if you are planning to west of the train bridge and you can't fit under it, you are on their schedule. Normally just a phone call gets it up quickly, but if there are busy you wait an hr or so.

Drawbridge can talk to Don or Mark tell them black pearl sent ya my sportcraft is racked there

pulled mine many times Catawba state park also have used state ramp on river but water needs to be up there

Quote Originally Posted by BILLY JOE View Post
    pulled mine many times Catawba state park also have used state ramp on river but water needs to be up there
    Ramp closed sept 28-Nov 4 people
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

Catawba Island State Park Launch Ramp Closed

The state park launch ramp will close on Thursday, September 28th and remain closed through November 4th.

This closure is the first part of many improvements to the park, pier, ramp and parking areas of the park.

The fishing pier will remain open to foot traffic during this ramp closure.

Quote Originally Posted by branhamautomotive View Post
    Not sure where your looking to dock exactly, we are at Johnny resort. It just west of the rt 2 bridge on the portage. I have a 27ft regal with a b3 outdtive. I am able to launch and recover my boat there at johnnys. We have several 25 ft sportys that are single screws. They normally have no issues with water depth. In the late fall the water can get low in river. In fact I've seen it be basically dry b4. But most marina are dug deeper. If your looking to be down town you should not ever have a water issue. The normal depth after the train bridge west seems to be about 5 ft on most years. This year we had great water, several times I had to.put my Bimini down to get under the train bridge. And that is something else to consider, if you are planning to west of the train bridge and you can't fit under it, you are on their schedule. Normally just a phone call gets it up quickly, but if there are busy you wait an hr or so.
    Thanks Branhamautomotive for the info I'm look at marina's this side of the RR bridge. I have radar on my hardtop not sure if I will clear the drawbridge I may have to wait till it opens.

Thank guys for your reply's just trying to be proactive in advance I don't want to be that guy at the ramp who's trailer fell off the ramp cause it was to short. LOL Just wish they would make the launch docks a bit longer for us bigger guys.
    Last edited by Pole setter; 09-28-2017 at 12:54 PM.