Fall Action Fall Action Fall Action Fall Action
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fall Action

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Capt Eric,went to your website and noted you have the flying bridge with the yellow hull.We see you out frequently since we have fished on PoohBear and he helps us out with fishing reports also.Good luck.We plan to put the boat away this weekend also.
    Awesome! Yep......since Bear and I are single-handedly trying to keep OPEC well funded, we're usually chewing up the same water! I'm sure you noticed I dock only a hundred feet in front of him.......
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    37' Tollycraft "Pirate Clipper"
    www.eriecharter.com
    Lake Erie Fishing Charters
    Lake Erie Walleye Charters
    Lake Erie Charter Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Eric View Post
    Awesome! Yep......since Bear and I are single-handedly trying to keep OPEC well funded, we're usually chewing up the same water! I'm sure you noticed I dock only a hundred feet in front of him.......
    Now that's funny right there.

3 of us were out wed from 4 till 8 out of huron. Poked around near the shore right away with p10 and spoon. Had 1 pull back, then nothing for 45 mins. Went out to deeper water, pulled bandits went 8 for 16. Lots of pull backs that let go even b4 we could the pole out of the holder. Never had so many hit and misses in one trip with bandits b4. Pulled gear just about 730 to head back nears hire and saw the rain coming......opted to get off the water while staying mostly dry only sprinkles. But sounds like the night time has been very good.

Our biggest went just under 8.5 and a tick over 28

Yes captain Eric, know you are docked by Keith.When looking for PoohBear from a distance often confuse you with him due to similar profile in distance.But usually PoohBear not far from you.Yes,I also notice that Keith will prefer to fish closer to port if can catch there,to conserve fuel.We try and help Keith with any info we have,but getting out usually one a week,our info is limited.Nice to put a name from a thread to a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Yes captain Eric, know you are docked by Keith.When looking for PoohBear from a distance often confuse you with him due to similar profile in distance.But usually PoohBear not far from you.Yes,I also notice that Keith will prefer to fish closer to port if can catch there,to conserve fuel.We try and help Keith with any info we have,but getting out usually one a week,our info is limited.Nice to put a name from a thread to a boat.
    Once a day, once a week, or once a month - info is info! And always appreciated! Nobody gets lucky enough to land right on top of the fish everyday! i laugh about it sometimes....if I get out earlier than he does, I hear people calling him on the radio....but I know they're looking at me. It's all good! And you won't hear me complain too much about my fuel bill - fuel injection makes a heck of a difference! We always like to try to trim our fuel costs, but I've got no issue with running to the weather buoy if i have to to catch fish. Been lucky this year, fish have been plentiful enough somewhere around the islands that we haven't had to make a lot of long runs!

Good luck! We'll see ya out there!
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    37' Tollycraft "Pirate Clipper"
    www.eriecharter.com
    Lake Erie Fishing Charters
    Lake Erie Walleye Charters
    Lake Erie Charter Fishing

Next season will be a banner year with all those 2015 fish.Those fish should be about 19" in the spring.Limits should come quickly and you may not have to run as far.The young fish should be aggressive and probably will stay in western basin and not migrate east.The perch fishing may crash like it has in other parts of lake erie.Hardly any small perch being caught.Once all the big perch are gone will be difficult to catch any perch in the next few years.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all of the info. We got blown off the water 3 days. When we did get to fish we ended up catching some nice eyes. We caught fish on almost all of the cranks pulled. Our best set up was 50 3oz 50 with a bandit.
    Caught fish on spoons also. We trolled anywhere from 1.5 - 2.5. No action started messing with our speed. We launched out of Huron and fish the south end of the dump mainly. Like I said, that wind was really something. Was that considered a tornado on Sunday?
    Headed back out Saturday - Tuesday. Winds look like they will be more fishing friendly. Oh yah, the water temp hung around 54 - 55. Hopefully it has dropped a bit. Contemplating night fishing a night. Never done that before and very curious. I've been told you can catch in as little as 15 ft.
    Thanks again everyone. I'll post our findings next Wednesday or Thursday.