Walleye report Walleye report Walleye report Walleye report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Recommend Recommend:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walleye report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walleye report

Got a late start, got on the lake about 830 with the 10 mile run towards to go, was a little slow going till we cleared marblehead. Fished till 230, kept 15, put back just as many if not more. Tried to keep 16" plus, so I know we put back more than 3 legal fish. 40tt, behind offshore boards. Spoons, best color actually seemed to be blue.

Post Thanks / Like

What was your best lead on the tt40? Ours was 105 with chicken wing as best spoon.

Post Thanks / Like

Chicken wing did work for us too... we ran 60 to 100, all leads pulled fish. We also pulled pink panties, some orange and purple, watermelon, I don't have a huge selection or know all the names.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a big believer color is not the main thing but presentation is. And I think you have the presentation thing going by your post. Was a nice day in lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't want to sound negative, but i believe color is critical! I may start off with 10 different colors in the water, and as fish start coming in I track what color and lead.... if i see a pattern developing (which is usually the case) I set all 16 rods with that color and depth... and let the chaos begin!!! My best pull was 29 keepers in 45 minutes, and that was only working 6 rods.....couldn't even get more set.
    FYI... my best color on Saturday and Sunday was Tourney Winner, scorpion size. I love it when it catches fish, but hate it because that finish will only last a few trips for me. I wish they'd make that one on a hammered copper spoon....might last a little longer.
    Good luck out there!!!
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    37' Tollycraft "Pirate Clipper"
    www.eriecharter.com
    Lake Erie Fishing Charters
    Lake Erie Walleye Charters
    Lake Erie Charter Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Eric View Post
    Don't want to sound negative, but i believe color is critical! I may start off with 10 different colors in the water, and as fish start coming in I track what color and lead.... if i see a pattern developing (which is usually the case) I set all 16 rods with that color and depth... and let the chaos begin!!! My best pull was 29 keepers in 45 minutes, and that was only working 6 rods.....couldn't even get more set.
    FYI... my best color on Saturday and Sunday was Tourney Winner, scorpion size. I love it when it catches fish, but hate it because that finish will only last a few trips for me. I wish they'd make that one on a hammered copper spoon....might last a little longer.
    Good luck out there!!!
    Gotta get DJ to paint those for you.
    JBD's Regina Marie (Johnny Big Dawg)
    The Regina Marie: 2008 340 Sea Ray with Sportsman Package
    Twin 8.1L Inboards, Autopilot
    Rocket Launchers, Cisco Rod Holders, Scotty Downriggers
    Raymarine w/ Navionics, Radar, Rear TV to duplicate display or watch the game
    Sirius radio usually jamming Margaritaville

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Eric View Post
    Good luck out there!!!
    Eric is that a custom color or factory, I was out sunday righr around you and eye hunter. Was sure glad the waves Cal ed down the further east we went......was worried as I worked my way from maz. Towards the light house that we were not going to be able to fish in my little 19 fter

Post Thanks / Like

That's a stock Michigan Stinger color.... a little hard to find around Marblehead. Sorry, I bought em all.
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    37' Tollycraft "Pirate Clipper"
    www.eriecharter.com
    Lake Erie Fishing Charters
    Lake Erie Walleye Charters
    Lake Erie Charter Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Lol they have them online I'm sure

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by branhamautomotive View Post
    Eric is that a custom color or factory, I was out sunday righr around you and eye hunter. Was sure glad the waves Cal ed down the further east we went......was worried as I worked my way from maz. Towards the light house that we were not going to be able to fish in my little 19 fter
    Sunday was a dream to fish. Hey Eric, tell him about the crazy guy you saw fishing those 5-7's in a 21 ft boat....lol. 😱