Special 11 dollar permit for nonresadents Special 11 dollar permit for nonresadents Special 11 dollar permit for nonresadents Special 11 dollar permit for nonresadents
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Porkchop View Post
    I have no issue paying the fee to fish in the best fishery in the world for walleye the best time of year to do it. Especially if it is used properly to conserve our wonderful resource.
    I don't either really, BUT imo it should be imposed on everyone, not just a select few ! It's like going to a gas station, and because your a non-resident , you're forced to pay more for gas. I'll pay it, but it's not fair !

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwiggler View Post
    I don't either really, BUT imo it should be imposed on everyone, not just a select few ! It's like going to a gas station, and because your a non-resident , you're forced to pay more for gas. I'll pay it, but it's not fair !
    I disagree. Us Ohio residents pay property taxes that support the parks.

I have no problem with it, but it will just create a "Keep up with the Jone's mentality" between the States and Provinces. Some of this already exists.. Some day, when nobody can afford to fish and hunt, we will all become violators I suppose. That is what our founders would expect..

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    I disagree. Us Ohio residents pay property taxes that support the parks.
    Property taxes might help support parks, but ,more then likely it is a very small percent.I don't use them myself, but fees are charged for use of parks, and that generates money. I don't believe, if you read the code, for the newly imposed Lake Erie non-resident permit, that any monies are intended to be used for parks. I understand your point, but Lake Erie use permit should be imposed on all users. If i lived there, then i would expect to pay property tax,too. Thats just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwiggler View Post
    Property taxes might help support parks, but ,more then likely it is a very small percent.I don't use them myself, but fees are charged for use of parks, and that generates money. I don't believe, if you read the code, for the newly imposed Lake Erie non-resident permit, that any monies are intended to be used for parks. I understand your point, but Lake Erie use permit should be imposed on all users. If i lived there, then i would expect to pay property tax,too. Thats just my thoughts.
    If you use State launch ramps you are using ramps that Ohio residents paid for through taxes. I agree it is a small percentage but so is the $11.00 that non residents will pay.

Hell $11.00 I would pay it I am a resident and don't even use public access. I have to laugh people will pay $14 for a custom bait but $11 to go improving our fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    If you use State launch ramps you are using ramps that Ohio residents paid for through taxes. I agree it is a small percentage but so is the $11.00 that non residents will pay.
    I don't use state launch ramps.I use the launch at the campground where my boat is docked. I'm assuming there is some sort of tax collected from the fees i pay for the seasonal lot i rent, along with the the dock space i rent.Yes, I also will pay the $11 lake use permit,along with the non resident license increase. I'm saying it should be imposed on everyone, not just a select few. I'll leave it at that. What will be taxed, or imposed next.
    Last edited by Mrwiggler; 12-29-2018 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wajski View Post
    Hell $11.00 I would pay it I am a resident and don't even use public access. I have to laugh people will pay $14 for a custom bait but $11 to go improving our fishing
    You don't see me buying $14 custom baits. I'm not arguing paying the damn $11, i'm complaining "WHO " is required to pay it. I guess with the non resident fees at $55.50 now, they should be getting a fair amount of money generated to go toward improving the fishery, plus all the non-resident boat registrations.

I have been buying a annual license for over thirty years, and have no problem with the cost! Now a annual license is only good for eight months , 11 more for the other 4. I just think it is strange the way they are doing it. The nonresidents buying a three day license during those 4 months doubled,11 dollars to 22

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    I have been buying a annual license for over thirty years, and have no problem with the cost! Now a annual license is only good for eight months , 11 more for the other 4. I just think it is strange the way they are doing it. The nonresidents buying a three day license during those 4 months doubled,11 dollars to 22

I believe the annual license is till good for the whole year ( not 8 months ), it's just on top of the annual license to firs Lake Erie in that specific time , non-residents must purchase an additional permit.Hell ya might be fishing somewhere else beside Lake Erie. Crazy-crazy-crazy. I'll have to re-read the code, but i thought that how it was.