Hillbillyeye Perch Hillbillyeye Perch Hillbillyeye Perch Hillbillyeye Perch

Default Hillbillyeye Perch

Fished Saturday with Capt Rick Chrystal R Joy 27 FT Sportcraft I have fished with Rick for 3 years now about 10 trips per year. He does a great Job and makes sure we have a great time.
    We started at G can and picked up a couple as has been the case for past 2 weeks the fish would come and go could not hold the schools. We moved to H and picked a few more. We then went to E and picked a dozen fish. Last move was to east of rattlesnake about a mile we started picking fish in flurries and had our best bites between 1 and 3. then they just stopped again. We Ended with 125 fish and 39 pounds at the cleaners. Only a handful of throwbacks. The fish that are biting are all nice size fish in the 9-11 inch range and Fat. Only a couple of farm animals and they were small. No eyes on this trip.

I want to thank all those that post on this site it truly has helped me since moving back to the area a few years ago.

west of rattlesnake

Great report, thank you. I love that spot. Wish it was 3 hours earlier. I tried 3 spots from green to Lucy's with good marks and no takers. We did get out late though. No lines in until 10am.
    JBD's Regina Marie (Johnny Big Dawg)
    The Regina Marie: 2008 340 Sea Ray with Sportsman Package
    Twin 8.1L Inboards, Autopilot
    Rocket Launchers, Cisco Rod Holders, Scotty Downriggers
    Raymarine w/ Navionics, Radar, Rear TV to duplicate display or watch the game
    Sirius radio usually jamming Margaritaville

Default HillbillyEye Perch 8/26-27

Quote Originally Posted by JBD's Regina Marie View Post
    Great report, thank you. I love that spot. Wish it was 3 hours earlier. I tried 3 spots from green to Lucy's with good marks and no takers. We did get out late though. No lines in until 10am.
    Fished Sat and Sunday With Capt Rick Chrystal R Joy 1 of 2 captains i fish with about 15-20 trips a year. Saturday was a little rough out there. We fished between Kelly and Monument closer to monument an further North. The waves made it hard to feel the bite it was so lite. Had to leave bait on the bottom or they would not even look at it. Finished with 65 and 21 pounds at the cleaners in 5 hours. Inline modified version of Skipper 9 rig with a high vis green line. They seem to prefer this color line the last couple trips over stand blue mono. No throw backs and very few farm animals all good fish in 9-11 inch range and all Very Fat.

Sunday 8/27 same area only a little further North Great Marks. Waves were much better and so was the bit. It was still very lite and still had to leave it on the bottom . Used Pin emerald minnows and that was the ticket they preferred these over regular size even if i cut them in half or even 1/3. The morning bite was phenomenal up and down for first 3 hours then the wind died and so did the bite. when the wind picked back up a little the bite did also. Still a lot of come and go with the schools but when you saw them on sonar they were hitting. 6 limits done by 1pm 55 pound at the cleaners. 3 small throwback perch 7 inch dozen farm animals and 6 happy fisherman. last 3 weeks have been rough to get limits.

Next trip is Sept 2nd with Capt Jerry on Playin Hooky

I again want to thank everyone on this Forum. The information you have taught me is priceless. It would take me years to learn the tricks and tactics you have taught me in a couple years. I Read it everyday to see who and how you are all doing out there. Good Luck and Safe fishing.

Default HillbillyEye Perch Sep 16th

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyEye View Post
    Fished Sat and Sunday With Capt Rick Chrystal R Joy 1 of 2 captains i fish with about 15-20 trips a year. Saturday was a little rough out there. We fished between Kelly and Monument closer to monument an further North. The waves made it hard to feel the bite it was so lite. Had to leave bait on the bottom or they would not even look at it. Finished with 65 and 21 pounds at the cleaners in 5 hours. Inline modified version of Skipper 9 rig with a high vis green line. They seem to prefer this color line the last couple trips over stand blue mono. No throw backs and very few farm animals all good fish in 9-11 inch range and all Very Fat.

Sunday 8/27 same area only a little further North Great Marks. Waves were much better and so was the bit. It was still very lite and still had to leave it on the bottom . Used Pin emerald minnows and that was the ticket they preferred these over regular size even if i cut them in half or even 1/3. The morning bite was phenomenal up and down for first 3 hours then the wind died and so did the bite. when the wind picked back up a little the bite did also. Still a lot of come and go with the schools but when you saw them on sonar they were hitting. 6 limits done by 1pm 55 pound at the cleaners. 3 small throwback perch 7 inch dozen farm animals and 6 happy fisherman. last 3 weeks have been rough to get limits.

Next trip is Sept 2nd with Capt Jerry on Playin Hooky

I again want to thank everyone on this Forum. The information you have taught me is priceless. It would take me years to learn the tricks and tactics you have taught me in a couple years. I Read it everyday to see who and how you are all doing out there. Good Luck and Safe fishing.
    The Sept 2nd Trip was cancelled due to weather.

We went Sept 16th with Capt Rick R Chrystal Joy
    We fished out front and as usual the fish would come and go. We used no bling on 3 hook inline spreader. Nice big fish 143 total 44.52 pounds at the cleaners.
    Weather was perfect until we had no wind and then No bites. Once wind picked up so did the bite until around 2 pm then they just shut down. Lots of Marks and only a dozen farm animals and 6 throw backs. The smaller the bait the better the bite. If i used the smallest Goldie and 2 cut pieces the small one would catch fish every time. Right on bottom unless i put the small one on top then they would hit it first. Caught 5 doubles for the boat total

Next trip is Both days this weekend with Capt Jerry Playing Hooky
    Lots of nice reports this week and i am glad to see it gives me something to do while i am laying around with the Dang Flu. Come on weekend. fishing is the best medicine to help a person heal up.

Default HillbillyEye Perch Sept 22 23 24

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyEye View Post
    Fished Saturday with Capt Rick Chrystal R Joy 27 FT Sportcraft I have fished with Rick for 3 years now about 10 trips per year. He does a great Job and makes sure we have a great time.
    We started at G can and picked up a couple as has been the case for past 2 weeks the fish would come and go could not hold the schools. We moved to H and picked a few more. We then went to E and picked a dozen fish. Last move was to east of rattlesnake about a mile we started picking fish in flurries and had our best bites between 1 and 3. then they just stopped again. We Ended with 125 fish and 39 pounds at the cleaners. Only a handful of throwbacks. The fish that are biting are all nice size fish in the 9-11 inch range and Fat. Only a couple of farm animals and they were small. No eyes on this trip.

I want to thank all those that post on this site it truly has helped me since moving back to the area a few years ago.

Friday Sept 22nd
    Fished with 5 Seasoned veteran western lake Erie Captains. Over 100 years of Experience. What and Honor and a Privilege to be asked to go along. We were with Capt Jerry on Playing hooky
    Capt Rick Capt Gary Capt Jim Capt Ray Have taken me under their wing and are trying to teach me the Lake. I am so thankful to these captains for taking a Hillbilly Googin with them.
    We started out front 2.5 miles out of the river and did very well early then the bite died so we moved to the G can area and finished the day with 180 fish 55 pound at the cleaners.
    Lay it on the bottom and leave it if it moved or bounced they would not touch it. Used pin emeralds for the best results.

Saturday Sept 23rd Capt Jerry Playing Hooky No wind No Bite when wind would pick up fish would start hitting Inline rig 3 hook skipper 9 style again smaller bait the better the Bite. We got 101 with 35 pound a dozen throw backs and a dozen farm animals. Leave it on the bottom and dont move it. G Can Super hot day and very little wind

Sunday Sept 24th Capt Jerry Playing Hooky Another HOT HOT day did have a little wind and the Marks were awesome from the bottom to 3 foot up lots of fish but very finicky bite very lite with a bunch of misses. If i had caught as many as i missed would have been done early. We ended with 04 and 34.5 pounds at the cleaners.
    What a great way to get healed up from the flu i had last week. I truly appreciate this site and all the Captains that share the Knowledge they have about this awesome fishery What a magnificent lake.