Something never talked about lol Something never talked about lol Something never talked about lol Something never talked about lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Something never talked about lol

How does everyone keep their spreaders and crappie rigs organized. Spent over 2 hours today's untangling a wasps nest! LOL -Dave
    PS pics work best for me
    Last edited by BLACK PEARL; 08-14-2016 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Spell check

I'm interested too... lol

Great question Dave!

I only use Skipper 9 type rigs. After I make the rig, I take it and wrap it in coils around my index finger and next finger. When I get to the end of the coil, I pinch it and pull it off my fingers and place it in a 2"x2" Ziploc bag. I then place this bag in a larger bag. This is how I store my trolling leaders also. You can keep a bunch organized in a small amount of space. It's also easy to throw one or two in your pocket in case you need them quickly while you are fishing.
    Captain Greg
    Walleye2go Sportfishing

I cut slits all the way around a pool noodle and wrap skipper nine rigs and Sabiki rigs in slit , keeps them in place and holds hooks.

Spreaders go in this

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/o...pstitdgfbq.png

I use zip lock baggies and have no trouble.

I store skipper 9 rigs on a noodle with a "T" straight pin to hold the loop and the swivel. a slit would probably work better.

Spreaders I store without the hooks and then just hook the ends together and hang of the peg board or on a ro holder being the seat. Spelled hooks are stored in one of the yellow plastic spring loaded hook storing things. They don't work very well, but that is the best way I have found to store them.

Where can one buy those 2" ziplock bags. Those would be great for trolling leaders I agree. I store them on a noodle with pins as well., but bags would be easier if I could find the small ones.

Snack size ziplock bags for perch rigs. no spreaders on my boat!lol

Quote Originally Posted by REBA View Post
    Snack size ziplock bags for perch rigs. no spreaders on my boat!lol
    No spreaders here either, I have not owned a spreader in over 30 years. Spreaders are notorious for throwing of the other good minnow when the perch wiggles hard on the other sides hook.

I use the modified designed crappie rigs with 8 inch arms and only use 2 hooks, they are between 18 and 24 inches long in total length. I always add a swivel of some kind where the Snelled hook attaches to the arms, it keeps the snell from twisting when the bait spins with the motion of the boat on the waves. I put/store them back into the bag they came in. I use the ones Tibbles sells and I think they make them their selves.

I change hooks if I miss several fish, the hook gets bent or it appears dull. I never use the same hooks over from one trip to another. The sharper the hook the easier it is to put a minnow on and the easier to hook the perch. I use the #6 or#8 Tru-turn snells or the Eagle claw crappie snells in the same sizes, they have a built in twist and seem to make hooking perch easier. The #8 hooks work best with the pinhead shiners. I stay away from the bait holder hooks as they are made from heavier wire and don't penetrate nearly as well as the fine wire Aberdeen hooks.

I also use a minimum of 3/4 Oz wt. and prefer 1 to 1.25 Oz wt. but will use the lighter 3/4 Oz on really calm days.
    Last edited by wakina; 08-15-2016 at 03:16 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

We like to use Sabiki rigs for perch. They come already with 6 hooks per rig. The hooks are super sharp. We just cut them in half & have 2 rigs for the price of 1. Just attach a small snap swivel to one end, add a weight & you're ready to start fishing. They're easy to wrap up & place in a small ziplock.

Blog Entries

michaels it is a craft store