Releases Releases Releases Releases
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Releases

I don't think they're aluminum. I'm pretty sure they'll eventually rust. I've used them last year also, and they haven't started rusting yet. I only get to fish on Erie about six times per season, so with such infrequent use, they'll last a few years before they get too rusty. I was unaware of the pilgrim releases. After reading this thread, I will probably go that route. $15/doz is a price I consider reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by dgf2250 View Post
    I made inexpensive releases using mini spring clamps. I get the clamps from Kroger Marketplace for $.59 each and they even have holes in the handle to attach to a shower curtain ring. I half lap a number 16 rubber band over the fishing line, cut it, and attach the clamp to ONE of the tag ends. The clamps hold on a little too tight with both tag ends attached. With only one tag end attached, a larger fish will release it and the rubber band will stretch more than the others when dragging a white bass/perch. Here are some pics...

Attachment 3067

Attachment 3068
    the curtain rings in this picture is the same ones I use but without the clip. I just hook the rubber band over the curtain hook. but I don't see any reason these clamps and one tag end of the rubber band wouldn't work just as good if not better. but have extras so you don't have to bring the board in to retrieve releases.