White Catamaran Capt. D!$& White Catamaran Capt. D!$& White Catamaran Capt. D!$& White Catamaran Capt. D!$&
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default White Catamaran Capt. D!$&

To Whoever the charter captain in the white catamaran running near Kelleys and the Monument today your sir are a P&$ck, I talked to West Marine and they said that they have plenty of replacement steering wheels since yours doesn't seem to work and plenty of books on boating for dummies!!!!
    CROSSING PATHS
    Your vessel: You’re on a crossing course with another vessel that could result in a collision if neither boat changes course or speed.

The other vessel’s on the right: It’s the privileged or stand-on vessel and you must let it pass in front of you.

The other vessel is on the left: You’re the privileged or stand-on vessel and you must pass in front of the other vessel.

Just because you have big boards out doesn't give you the right to go as you please and not adjust course.
    Next time ahole I'll come back after cleaning my tangled lines and cut your boards loose and you can spend the next couple hours of your charter cleaning up that mess.

We had a similar issue last fall with a white cat running a charter......he actually yelled at me and pointed to his boards.......but never mind I had birds out.

We all have to share the water, we all have the same right to the water as the next boat. No one boat has more right to the water than other, but there are some rules of the roadthst all should know and follow. Which vessel is the stand on and which is the give way seems to be an issue that comes up alot.

For me the easy way to remember is just looks at your bow light. The red is on the left (port) and the green is on the right (starboard). If a boat is coming from my right they will be seeing my green light and I their red. Green means go, they go, red means stop, I stop or give the right away. Of course it goes the other way for a vessel coming to me from my left. I would be the stand in and they would be the give way.

It's as easy as red a green. But alot of ppl just dont care. Thete has been a few times I almost said f*%$ it and let the coast guard figure it out after they hot me....but in the end I like my boat too much to let some smuck hit me when I can do something about.

No one like to get run of their lines, and common sense goes along way. It never fails ypu will 20 boats working a pattern the same direction and all is well, then someone wants to start going 90* to the crowd causin be issue for all.

I carry a sharp blade and wire cutter close by though incase I have to snip one off. And have collected some nice lures from ppl.

The above assumes that both vessell are power and not a sail boat involved
    Last edited by branhamautomotive; 04-02-2017 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Addition

This guy was the 90 degree crossing the pattern coming from my left so I had the row, I turned and turned trying to avoid him, then I stopped he was pushing me into the bird covered island and the ahole still ran my boards over.
    Sounds like he needs a lesson on what's a left and what's a right!!!!! If wasn't for the fact I had my son with me and trying to teach him the right thing to do I would have been doing doughnuts in his spread.

If it's the same White Cat that I have had issues with over the years he seems to think the larger boat has the right of way. He just plows through and thinks blowing his horn gives him the r.o.w.

Oh boy....sounds like nothing has changed this year!

Sounds like the same white cat that I know all to well!

Default White Catamaran

Quote Originally Posted by Eriegardless View Post
    Sounds like the same white cat that I know all to well!
    This has happened to me as well. Wish I had a paint gun to decorate his boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel-1 View Post
    This has happened to me as well. Wish I had a paint gun to decorate his boat.
    That's a good idea lol

Video camera and a call to the coast guard sounds in order. I guess the dash cam will be going from the truck to the boat when I'm out there next week.
    2015 crestliner 2250 authority with a 300 mercury Verado pro four stroke and a 15 hp Mercury Prokicker.

Yup I had the same issue with that boat last year.... He ran over all my lines and I lost all my rigs. Hope he sinks!

Sure hope his transom plug doesnt loosen up accidentally and it sinks in the dock. Would be a real shame