What the hell is with this weather?? What the hell is with this weather?? What the hell is with this weather?? What the hell is with this weather??

Default What the hell is with this weather??

Well got to work this morning (northwood oh.) And carefully watched the wind direction all morning wsw all morning and thought hell it might be a good afternoon to try for some eyes this afternoon when I get off. So I texted the wife (first mate this year, last year she was my green horn! Lol) and told her to get everything ready so we could head out when I get off at 2:30. So I get home and we leave the house to head for the dock at meinkies east out of wards canal. I decided before we buy any minnows let's go out to the pier and see what the lake looks like. Get out there and it's blowing 15-20 strait out of the north and cold as ****. Wtf lake erie?!?! Wifie didn't like it so went home and drank beer. O well, hopefully get out there soon. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry D View Post
    Well got to work this morning (northwood oh.) And carefully watched the wind direction all morning wsw all morning and thought hell it might be a good afternoon to try for some eyes this afternoon when I get off. So I texted the wife (first mate this year, last year she was my green horn! Lol) and told her to get everything ready so we could head out when I get off at 2:30. So I get home and we leave the house to head for the dock at meinkies east out of wards canal. I decided before we buy any minnows let's go out to the pier and see what the lake looks like. Get out there and it's blowing 15-20 strait out of the north and cold as ****. Wtf lake erie?!?! Wifie didn't like it so went home and drank beer. O well, hopefully get out there soon. Lol.
    Aaaand supposed to be out of the NE/ENE for the next few days. For a week in fact.

Now I'm no chicken when it comes to some wind. In point of fact, the one time I find drifting to still be productive is in the spring with about a 15 mph wind... but not out of the NE...

Not that the boat is in yet (coming weekend) but still!

This is the best post since Captain Juls let that Facebook duesch have it. Made me laugh out loud long time...LOLLL
    All we want to do is fish for some stinkin' walleye, and the weather won't cooperate, just like every year before it on the Great Lakes.

My 2 buddies & I had to cancel our trip for this week (Wednesday) into Tuesday because of the weather. Not going to drive all the way from southeast of Pittsburgh to set in the motel room & watch TV. That gets old awful fast. No sense in burning money & vacation days to set in a hotel room.

It's a bummer. But that's Great Lakes fishing. Fortunatley the owner of the hotel we were staying had no problem with our backing out because of the weather. Just another reason to love the Port Clinton-Marblehead area! Been coming up to this area for a while & I haven't come across a person or business owner from this area who has had any kind of attitude. Wish I could say the same thing about some of the people & businesses in my area.

I feel your pain,this weekend doesn't look too good either

Get ready for several days of weather crap as my boat was finally finished (told them what I needed done back in Feb and it was in their indoor storage...) I dropped her in the dock this afternoon. That is always good for an extended Nor'easter!

Some say this happens every year.... but even at home here two hours south of the lake, I can't ever remember as much stinkin NE winds as we have had the last 2-3 years...

CMON ICE , at least we can fish with a nor' easter !!!

Quote Originally Posted by fishin2 View Post
    CMON ICE , at least we can fish with a nor' easter !!!
    I'm out of Chicago got here on Monday had one good day on the lake this wind sucks !!!!!!!

Yep. Like I said earlier, that's why we cancelled. Too far to go to set in hotel. Trying to reschedule, but everyone knows how difficult that is with 3 guys (all working) & trying to syncronize 3 schedules & find a reasonably priced hotel with a room available. Hopefully it'll work out......but i doubt it.

Good Luck to all. Be safe! No fish is worth destroying your equipment or worse, losing a friends life or your own.